Yagi upgrade of my trunked scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudegt

Premium Subscriber
My old setup was just 2 telescopic antennas and 2 SDRs and it wasn't great, and with that, I wasn't getting the best reception and so I wanted to listen to systems that were farther away from me and get better reception on my local systems. I started doing some research on a better antenna setup and saw that some people were building homemade Yagi antennas to get better reception. I don't have the expertise of making my own antenna so I started to look on amazon for a good yagi antenna (most are used for cellular network boosters since 4g is 800mhz range). So I found one for a pretty good price with some good reviews and solid gain (10db) (https://www.amazon.com/weBoost-Outdoor-Directional-Connector-301111/dp/B0006H4FVM) and I would 100% recommend it if you are having poor reception getting certain trunked systems, I am able to listen to trunked systems easily 40-50 miles away from where I am. Also the main system I listen to (Fulton County Public Safety P25) I get perfect reception with no drops in signal or sync losses.
Below are some photos of before and after.

With Yagi:

Previous antenna:

My setup on my roof:

Status
Not open for further replies.