Yahoo email account passwords stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.

QDP2012

"Usernames and passwords of some of Yahoo's email customers have been stolen and used to gather personal information about people those Yahoo mail users have recently corresponded with, the company said Thursday..." -- AP.org

Yahoo email account passwords stolen -- AP.org

Mic-Test

I could never figure out why more people don't just use Mozilla Thunderbird in conjunction with their ISP account. This keeps your private emails on your computer instead of sitting on a server on the WWW.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Why not just use Thunderbird? People use tablets and smartphones, not just Wintel PCs. From what I read it appears the theft was from a third party server that had the data. Why, I don't know.

The Internet is getting damn dangerous. Today the WSJ had a piece on web malware ads being unknowingly delivered by ad servers to web sites. Some of the malware ads don't even have to be clicked on.

n5ims

I could never figure out why more people don't just use Mozilla Thunderbird in conjunction with their ISP account. This keeps your private emails on your computer instead of sitting on a server on the WWW.

Search for all of those threads where folks have lost their keys to the scanner software that were sent to them in emails. Most probably kept them on their computers and lost them due to upgrades or crashes (based on what those posts said). Mine is safe on my provider's server so I don't have to cry when I need my key again since it's safely there in the emails when I registered the software. That's one good reason why.

Status
Not open for further replies.