Yamhill county new radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

southradio

Fire/EMS Frequencies

Baker845 said:
southradio do you have freqs you heard Fire/Ems on?

thank you
baker845

Well, I think I've heard them on at least three. 460.325 is one of them and I'll try to catch the others and jot them down and get back to you. Seems that 460.325 must be available to all areas of the county as I have heard units from the east, central and southwest on that one. The others must all be simulcast but maybe not for all areas of the county. I'll try to note which fire districts were heard on frequencies other than 460.325. Keep in mind that this only covers districts outside of Mac. If a call is tapped within Mac's district, I haven't heard them on 460.325 so they must be on something else and perhaps using their own MPT trunked system that they seemed to like so much whereas the rest of the agencies in the county didn't want it.

southradio

Yamhill County Fire/EMS

Baker845 said:
southradio do you have freqs you heard Fire/Ems on?

thank you
baker845

Now that I've had a little more time to listen on the holiday, I noticed activity on four frequencies: 460.325, 453.4375, 453.2375 and 453.8375. Some of those weren't as loud as 460.325 so may have different power levels than 460.325. I heard YCOM with radio traffic to mobiles from Amity, Sheridan and a Newberg medic on moveup status on all of these frequencies, apparently simulcast. Didn't notice any McMinnville Fire activity on any of them although I did hear a tapout for a call within that district so they must use still other frequencies than the four listed above.

Baker845

thank you southradio, for info if you find any more Fire/EMS freqs please post them. Also do you know what freqs Yamhill County Sheriff is useing??

thank you
baker845

southradio

Yamhill County Fire/EMS Frequencies

Baker845 said:
thank you southradio, for info if you find any more Fire/EMS freqs please post them. Also do you know what freqs Yamhill County Sheriff is useing??

thank you
baker845

No, I don't know what the S.O. is using but I imagine that someone will need to go through and just plug in all of the UHF frequencies that Yamhill County has licensed over the past several years (and there are lots of them as I recall). And, probably the same thing for frequencies that McMinnville has licensed as that may be the way to determine which frequencies are being used by McMinnville Fire. A couple that come to mind are 460.625 and 460.275. I know Mac Fire used the latter at one time.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
ycom

so is strictly 460.2750 these days. on this site for yamhill county it says that fire dispatch is 163.2500 but thats not true thats all pagers. the mid band pager frequencies are still active as well, im not sure if they use it though. Fire and EMS use both 460.0500 and 453.8375- when they transmit it can be heard on both frequencies at once. ycom reserves 460.1625 for LifeFlight and REACH ops mcminnville fire and sheraton /amity are all trunked with fleetsync.

DustinRoss

Yamhill County

Yamhill County is on three different radio systems. They have the convential UHF system across the county that all of the SO, County Fire and EMS (with the exception of McMinnville and Newberg) work off of. This will include Law, Common and Fire with most of the other UHF public safety frequencies (UTAC, training simplex and a whole bunch of others. The cities of McMinnville (fire and police), Carlton and Lafayette fire are all working off of the trunked MPT system based out of the city of McMinnville. Newberg Fire and Police are all working off of an 800 MHz system that is piggy-backed off of Washington County. The UHF is still under a major upgrade and not complely online as of yet with all of the new upgrades coming soon.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Yamhill County is on three different radio systems. They have the convential UHF system across the county that all of the SO, County Fire and EMS (with the exception of McMinnville and Newberg) work off of. This will include Law, Common and Fire with most of the other UHF public safety frequencies (UTAC, training simplex and a whole bunch of others. The cities of McMinnville (fire and police), Carlton and Lafayette fire are all working off of the trunked MPT system based out of the city of McMinnville. Newberg Fire and Police are all working off of an 800 MHz system that is piggy-backed off of Washington County. The UHF is still under a major upgrade and not complely online as of yet with all of the new upgrades coming soon.

So lately there have been a couple incidents, one yesterday and the other this morning where ycom will clear the channel because of gunpoint issues and say that all other traffic should use common law. is there like a seperate frequency for "Common Law" cause ive never heard of that before.

n7maq-1

Premium Subscriber
So lately there have been a couple incidents, one yesterday and the other this morning where ycom will clear the channel because of gunpoint issues and say that all other traffic should use common law. is there like a seperate frequency for "Common Law" cause ive never heard of that before.

There are 4 channels that are labeled Common. Ch 10 thru 13, all separate outputs.

Jim

KE7JFF

You know, I am almost tempted to make a pyramid chart to show the split of the YCOM system...

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
You know, I am almost tempted to make a pyramid chart to show the split of the YCOM system...

ahhaa. lol well I know Im not that deperate for figuring out the whole system, but its your call.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Ops 4?

When YCOM instructs fire units to use fire talk- every time they off key- the squelch opens with a douple static tap instead of the regular one static tap sound. its really fast and abrupt. why is this?- if someone knows....its really weird- but pretty cool at the same time lol. i know they all use kenwood radios. just wondering if its like a type of dcs or pl coding or something.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
New units in Yamhill County?? I have heard the units CO42 and CO29, or some thing that sounds simillar to that on law channel. anyone have some light to shed?

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
New units in Yamhill County?? I have heard the units CO42 and CO29, or some thing that sounds simillar to that on law channel. anyone have some light to shed?
COunty?
Court Officer?
Corrections Officer?
CarltOn?

The SO uses three digit IDs, so I wonder if its Carlton PD? I was almost sure they were going to go with the bid for the SO to provide protection? Maybe that's still a year away...

I'll have to put my ears on and listen for them. I was too busy listening to all the "water problem" calls going on here In Washington County.

DickH

... Some of those weren't as loud as 460.325 so may have different power levels than 460.325. ...

Loudness is strictly a function of the audio input. If the MIC level is high it might be loud, depending on the person talking. Some people shout, some whisper.
If the power is low, the signal will be noisy or cut in and out..

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Not Carlton..

carlton and yamhill cops all use the three digit codes as well- yamhill cops' prefixes are "84.." and something after, carltons cops have both the "85..." prefix such as "855" and then they have one "871"... and so on.

I also know for sure that a "CO.." unit cleared a scene in yamhill and another was operating in dayton a couple nights ago.. im not sure what these are at all. and then i heard another unit - 960 - that one asked for a radio check from ycom and then cleared.

COunty?
Court Officer?
Corrections Officer?
CarltOn?

The SO uses three digit IDs, so I wonder if its Carlton PD? I was almost sure they were going to go with the bid for the SO to provide protection? Maybe that's still a year away...

I'll have to put my ears on and listen for them. I was too busy listening to all the "water problem" calls going on here In Washington County.

dispatch123a

I gather that McMinnville Fire has decided to stick with their trunked system (McMinnville Police as well??). I continue to hear other fire agencies on the UHF conventional repeaters but not Mac units working calls within their own district.

that is false about them having the old system. mfd,mpd and ycso all use ycom.

here is a list of frequencies for all of yamhill county:

Newberg Fire Department

Dispatch / Operations Newberg TG: 53200 Newberg

Newberg City Government

TRUNKED RADIO SYSTEM (Motorola SmartNet): TrunkTracker Setting: Type II 800

867.4125 867.9375* 868.2125* 868.9250*

Newberg Police Department

Dispatch / Law 1 Newberg TG: 52976 Newberg

Operations Newberg TG: 52720 Newberg

Oregon State Police (Sta 14) [PL 179.9] McMinnville 156.2250 159.1050

West Valley Fire District Sheridan 453.3000 458.3000

McMinnville 453.0250 458.0250

Yamhill County Fire Departments

Countywide Dispatch Countywide 163.2500 Simplex

Ch1 Dispatch West [PL 110.9] Countywide 046.4200 045.8800

Ch2 Fire West [PL 110.9] Countywide 046.1000 046.5000

Ch3 TAC West [PL 110.9] Countywide 046.2600 Simplex

Ch4 Dispatch Central [PL 110.9] Countywide 046.4200 045.8800

Ch5 Fire Central [PL 110.9] Countywide 046.1000 045.8800

Ch6 TAC Central [PL 110.9] Countywide 046.3200 Simplex

Ch7 Dispatch East [PL 110.9] Countywide 046.4200 045.8800

Ch8 Fire East [PL 110.9] Countywide 046.1000 046.5000

Ch9 TAC East [PL 110.9] Countywide 046.2800 Simplex

Ch10 TAC County [PL 110.9] Countywide 046.2200 Simplex

Yamhill County Sheriffs Department Countywide 045.6400 Simplex

Law-1 West [PL 110.9] Countywide 045.3200 045.9800

Law-2 West [PL 110.9] Countywide 045.4600 046.0200

Law-1 Central [PL 110.9] Countywide 045.3200 045.9800

Law-2 Central [PL 110.9] Countywide 045.4600 046.0200

also avalible here: Yamhill County, Oregon Scanner Frequencies & Info (Newberg)

give them a try. by the way, about 2 years ago i went on a job shadow to the

yamhill county repair shop in mac and they were running their first test of the new system.

i overherd them saing what the frequency was, but i can't quite remember.

i'm pretty sure its 45.6400 though.

dispatch123a

COunty?
Court Officer?
Corrections Officer?
CarltOn?

Yes. there used to be a YC Sheriff officer that lived next door to us. when i went to check the mail, i would usualy look at his car. in the top right corner, it said P239 which stands for patrol #239. this is just a guess, but CO42 might be County Officer #42.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
ycom

No dude those are so old, They havent used that system for a long, long, long time. I know its still in Simulcast mode though. So you may be able to hear action on those frequencies but Ycom hasnt used mid band for years. And there is a large Ycom trunking system in mac, used for fire, and mac police- its their own MPT1327 system- and it uses some of the conventional channels that the out of mac area agencie uses but its not powerful enough to be heard far away- thats why when units drive throughout the county, they change the channel on their radios to meet the right repeater. But I do know for a fact that Mac Fire and PD have their own Trunked System, Carlton Fire Department also uses this system. And besides Mac PD , all other law agencies run off the conventional Ycom UHF channels, that includes jail, and dog control, and all that fun stuff.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Correction my post...

carlton and yamhill cops all use the three digit codes as well- yamhill cops' prefixes are "84.." and something after, carltons cops have both the "85..." prefix such as "855" and then they have one "871"... and so on.

I also know for sure that a "CO.." unit cleared a scene in yamhill and another was operating in dayton a couple nights ago.. im not sure what these are at all. and then i heard another unit - 960 - that one asked for a radio check from ycom and then cleared.

So I know for sure now that the 85 prefixes belong to Amity Police, 84's belong to Yamhill Police, and 87's belong to Carlton Police. 3's belong to sheriffs, and 5's belong to dog control units and i think a city marshal, not sure though about the marshal one though- kinda random.

Status
Not open for further replies.