Yamhill county new radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baker845

Does Yamhill county still use there low band Disp freqs or any of low band freqs or has all ops,ect 100% on UHF system?

thank you

radiotweester

My apologies Adam. I misread your reply. I was thinking Station 8, not Newberg/Dundee Dispatch "82".
Interesting info. I had to listen to my files, but indeed 321.7/669.1 is only used by Newberg/Dundee. I'm trying to figure out why they would alert them at the end???
Polk County also uses that same tone setup at the end of their taps, but I'll address that on a different thread.

Baker845 - Take a look through the older posts in this thread, but I believe the consensus was all fire dispatch is on 163.25, with Newberg & Dundee operations on the 800 trunked and the rest of the county on UHF.

-Tom

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
My apologies Adam. I misread your reply. I was thinking Station 8, not Newberg/Dundee Dispatch "82".
Interesting info. I had to listen to my files, but indeed 321.7/669.1 is only used by Newberg/Dundee. I'm trying to figure out why they would alert them at the end???
Polk County also uses that same tone setup at the end of their taps, but I'll address that on a different thread.

Baker845 - Take a look through the older posts in this thread, but I believe the consensus was all fire dispatch is on 163.25, with Newberg & Dundee operations on the 800 trunked and the rest of the county on UHF.

-Tom

oh haha, its alright. and im pretty sure that its for the ycom dispatch- once i heard station 82 and ycom dispatch a fire call at the same moment and it came out with nothing but that annoying heterodyne sound. pretty sure thats why they have that alert because ycom would have know if station 82 was about to page out something if they were connected directly.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Does Yamhill county still use there low band Disp freqs or any of low band freqs or has all ops,ect 100% on UHF system?

thank you

they do, all the pages heard on 163.2500 are still heard on the low bands. but all others are now UHF.

ORE007

Feed Provider
I did some more updating tonight and hope to have info up regarding Polk soon.
I'm not sure of the Station 8 designations, but listening there were 3 sets of tones (so far) that seem connected with that station.

Station 8 is Willamina (West Valley Fire). Just to give you guys a heads up, soon the Newberg and Dundee tones will change. They will be shortened and some will be taken out and they will stop dispatching double tones. For accident type calls they currently send ems and fire tones and it will change to fire tones only.

ORE007

Feed Provider
they do, all the pages heard on 163.2500 are still heard on the low bands. but all others are now UHF.

The reason you might not hear them from time to time is that YCOM selects the tower to send the pages accross, it is not a simulcast of all towers.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Today I heard "300" on the radio- thats the sheriff- it was during the bomb threat today.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Bomb Threat

Police arrest man in connection with incident at Clerk's Office - NewsRegister.com

Theres was a man who stated that he was going to blow up the Clerks office and the Court Office, he smashed the window on the front door of the clerks office- but then ran away- I was passing Pekkola Road on Highway 47 when I heard 300 directing 303, and the other units that were responding. Turns out he wasnt a real threat at all...

ORE007

Feed Provider
Another update for the Newberg system. Day Wireless is working hard to get all items in place to have the broadcasting of all Newberg 800 system go on Washington Counties system. Possibly by July 1st.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Yamhill County - "Meh"

Another update for the Newberg system. Day Wireless is working hard to get all items in place to have the broadcasting of all Newberg 800 system go on Washington Counties system. Possibly by July 1st.

Lol wow, Im sorry but the Yamhill County dispatch and radio system is so ****** up- I mean- its like the city of newberg wants nothing to do with yamhill county and wants everything to do with washington county- I they should just detach completely. And Yamhill County should have either gotten a SmartNet/Zone system or a APCO P25 system thats encrypted instead of going with the mpt system. OR they should have just stuck with the UHF multi talk system and had channels like they do now just not trunked- such as channels for mac fire and pd and channels for jail and court security and then county police and sheriffs have their channel with dog control, and county fire have theirs..etc. I mean me as a pretty much 24/7 listener- it just seems like such a hassle for them to have to call other dispatchers in different offices to get on the same page with eachother... and as for that whole "system upgrade" complete waste of money and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.