Yamhill county new system freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baker845

Does any one have copy of the freqs for Yamhill county new UHF radio system? I seeing few freqs on line but not any info on use ect.

thank you

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
There's a new license for a tower / freqs in Grande Ronde as of yesterday.

Turned my scanner on tonight and plugged in a few frequencies. Once again, SO activity from various 300 units on 460.275 / 460.4125. I can confirm this is the YCSO because they were trying to get assistance from Wash. Co. SO.

Also, heard Medic 91 (ambulance out of Sheridan) call in, as well as another unit from that station, on 460.050. Not sure where they were headed. EDIT: Medic 91 and Squad 91 were out on a medical call. Medic 91 is now en route to the Salem ER. 460.050 is an active fire / EMS frequency.

In addition, I've also started hearing McMinnville's Fire & EMS units get tapped out on 163.250, and oddly enough, they come in louder and clearer than Newberg fire tone-outs. I guess this means they finally bridged the two systems.

I'm finding it easier to find active frequencies at night, when there is less interference. Again, I'm in Sherwood, so the line of sight from me to the nearest repeater is through two hills. :lol:

I'll plug a few more in tomorrow afternoon when I get home from work and see what I can come up with.

Last edited:

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Not yet, but I'm planning on traveling through the county tomorrow afternoon, so I'll take both scanners with me. I'm loading up my BC92XLT now with all the freqs I have that I haven't heard anything on.

And yes, I've got my BC246T! It's awesome...it was even better when TVF&R responded to my house a few days ago!

Heh...that's an interesting story. :D

Baker845

Ok please post what you find.. Good hear it is a great scanner. You didnt burn house down did you.....:)

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I see that Yamhill County, is licensed for a UHF trunking radio system. Is this system currently online, and what type of radio system is it?

Thanks,

Ron

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Nope. Yamhill County had so many problems with that system that the frequencies are now just used as conventional frequencies. The only trunked systems in Yamhill County now are Newberg and McMinville.

All frequencies in the trunked licenses should be considered conventional.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Does anyone have a list of what frequencies from the old TRS are used by each agency, including PL tones if possible?

Thanks,

Ron

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
The TRS was never developed that far. All we have are the former site frequencies. The YCOM MPT-1327 System was deactivated on 4-16-08.

I'm personally trying to find frequencies, but I'm not close enough to a repeater to pick up everything in the county (I live in Wash. Co).

So far, 460.275 / 460.4125 has SO activity, while 460.05 has fire activity (heard Sheridan fire / EMS units responding, reporting, etc). I don't have PL Tones for these yet.

If you want to poke around with the previous TRS site frequencies, here they are:

Former Site 1 (McMinnVille)

Former Site 2 (Sheridan)

Former Site 3 (Newberg)
460.05000 - Now county fire (possibly just West end units)
460.27500 - Now county SO
460.41250 - Now county SO

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
These are CONFIRMED YCOM frequencies:

163.250 - Countywide Fire Dispatch (includes McMinnville, Newberg, & Dundee Fire)
460.275 - Countywide Law Dispatch / Routine Operations (minus Newberg & Dundee)
460.05 - Countywide Fire Operations (minus Newberg & Dundee)

Now, the odd thing about them is that they repeat on SEVERAL different frequencies at the same time. For instance, I live closest to Newberg. Here are the three frequencies that I hear Yamhill County SO on from my house in Sherwood (Washington County):

460.625 - Static-ridden, but understandable (and a countywide frequency)
460.4125 - Clearer (But only on the Newberg repeater)
460.275 - Clearest (and a countywide frequency)

Oddly enough, I've heard 460.625 used as a tone-out for fire as well. I'm not sure what agency it was, and the fact that it's mixed with law traffic is kind of confusing. It was a completely different set of tones, and the dispatcher was different than the other YCOM dispatchers. The only licenses listed to use that frequency are both Yamhill County, so...I have to wonder who uses it.

Here's how it is for fire / EMS operations (countywide) from where I listen:

453.325 - Clearer (but only on the Newberg repeater)
460.05 - Not so clear (and a countywide frequency)

So why would they be broadcasting on multiple frequencies at the same time? They not listed as mobile in the FCC licenses...maybe someone can shed some light on the subject?

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Just a guesstimate, but could they be broadcasting the same traffic on different frequencies because they have dead spots in certain areas? Maybe they are limited right now as to how the repeater sites are setup and are using this as a temporary measure.

Another idea... maybe they are simulcasting across the different frequencies to avoid multiple field units talking at the same time to a limited number of dispatchers. Could they have setup a different frequency for Newberg PD, Yamhill Co SO, etc?

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
The only reason I bring it up is because in their FCC licenses, each repeater has its own unique "subset" per se of frequencies in addition to the countywide freqs. I'm not as familiar with radio systems and scanning (only really been a year or so since I got interested), but to me it would make MORE sense to use the same frequencies all around, even if they have limited dispatchers to communicate with.

Ah well...I'll figure it out one of these days.

I also found out (after trial, error, and turning up the volume) that I am picking up both YCSO and Skamania County Washington Fire Dispatch (I live in Sherwood, Oregon, mind you) at the same time on 460.625!

Crazy...this Radio Shack Magnetic Mount antenna really does wonders! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.