Yamhill Paging 46.42

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Just noticed that the PL tone of 110.9 is only broadcasted on 46.42 Bald Peak when Station 82 in Newberg taps out. Ycom's pages are just CSQ. Does anyone in the area know the reasoning behind having both VHF and LowBand paging?

KE7JFF

I'm guessing one of the reasons might be because they don't have to go narrow on low band.

ORE007

Feed Provider
Just left over from the early days. It is not being used for paging, but it is still up and running for some reason.

sllong

A number of the area fire departments still have some of the low band fire pagers that they issue in addition to the vhf pagers. If low band paging is not working numerous firefighters pagers will not be activated.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Come to think of it, I've heard, I think its Water Tender 1 or 10 (or whatever unit its called now) from McMinnville with an open mic on the High Heaven repeater on that frequency. So it probably could be used as a backup in case the Simulcast failed for whatever reason..

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Just wanted to wake this up for anyone who didn't already know. I just noticed that pages for West Valley, Sheridan, Newberg and Dundee are multicast on 453.3 with PL 156.7. Its WQDL451 and its registered to West Valley Fire, the 453.3 location is in Polk County off of the Doane Creek site so it comes in pretty weak for me. Haven't heard a peep from 453.0250 licensed under the same callsign which is on High Heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.