• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Yankton County Mobile Extenders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0LOE

I was scanning around today and found A Yankton CO Deputy talking to
7-1 on an analog freq. It was on 468.0750. Could this be the mobile
extender Freq. for Yankton CO? I know they carry Analog extenders. Yankton CO is on the states digital
system, but the city of Yankton is on RACOM's ECADS Pro-voice system,
that you can't hear with a scanner. The PD's extenders are digital
radios. Trying to see if any one else in Yankton can confirm or deny?

KC0LOE

I guess no one else is in the Yankton area. I guess I will sit on the freq. for a couple of days to see if I continue to hear Yankton county on it. Im also working on seeing if the federal prison is on a trunked system now.

JHaislet

I've heard the SD Hwy Patrol guys on the extenders as well. They have a digital mobile in the car, and an analog handheld for traffic stops & such. I don't remember the exact frequency, but it was UHF for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.