Yarmouth Police (Cape Cod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1UAM

It appears Yarmouth Police have switched over to Zone 4 on the MSP system on talk group 38544. It's been a couple of weeks already since I've heard them on the Conventional on 855.2375.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
I’m supried barnstable Pd is still using a conventional channel and not using the MSP system, at least when I was ther in august it was this way

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Hopefully the conventional departments will integrate into the new CoMIRS system when it reaches Cape Cod. At the present time it is my understanding that the larger departments on Cape Cod were not "welcome" on the system due to the fact that they might lend more to the saturation of the system during busy periods of time. That said, when things break, it is their fallback. Currently 3 of the 5 800 conventional departments on the Cape are having technical issues, so you will hear them on Zone 04, and likely hear testing on their conventional frequencies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
As far as 10 years back there was some talk of combining Zones 4&6 into one zone to increase capacity. If they do that in the new system and use Phase 2, there should be enough capacity.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Was listening to yarmouth fd on broadcastify recently. They were dropping in and out of the system when in some school - maybe the high school. If their portables are operating on the state TRS, then the indoor coverage is NOT spectacular.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Was listening to yarmouth fd on broadcastify recently. They were dropping in and out of the system when in some school - maybe the high school. If their portables are operating on the state TRS, then the indoor coverage is NOT spectacular.
Yeah i listen a lot when I’m home and on scanner when on vacation there , that happens once in awhile, no system is 100 percent perfect either, they have a conventional channel to for backup

Status
Not open for further replies.