Yaesu: Yaseu vx-8r band/transmit question

Status
Not open for further replies.

solo518

Hey guys :)

The 8r was just recommended to me; I see that it can receive 470 - 800 MHz, but the top of the transmit range is 430 - 440 MHz. I've read about different mods, and was wondering if there was one that opens up transmit around 149-160.

Thanks!

Solo.

prcguy

The standard mod where you remove one resistor or diode will give you that range and more.
porgy

Hey guys :)

The 8r was just recommended to me; I see that it can receive 470 - 800 MHz, but the top of the transmit range is 430 - 440 MHz. I've read about different mods, and was wondering if there was one that opens up transmit around 149-160.

Thanks!

Solo.

solo518

Thank you. Found it in a few places with conflicting tx results, knowing this I just placed the order.

Also nice not to be questioned about using tx on the fed/fire/sar range. So thanks for that too. Now to find a nice earpiece/PTT for noisy environments that won't fall out easily like friggen 90% of them do.

solo518

Oh man is there a way to program pager frequencies into these? i.e. Can I set it to "sleep" until it hears a particular page tone on a given fx (155 mod-unlocked range) and causes it to "wake up" and hear all traffic?

wrath

Thank you. Found it in a few places with conflicting tx results, knowing this I just placed the order.

Also nice not to be questioned about using tx on the fed/fire/sar range. So thanks for that too. Now to find a nice earpiece/PTT for noisy environments that won't fall out easily like friggen 90% of them do.
You can get just about any decent quality acoustic tube earpiece , remove the earth, and plug it into something like s Surefire sonic defender, which fits in the ear concha, it will pass normal conversation while allowing you to copy the radio traffic for almost normal situational awareness ,the also filter loud noise and can be plugged if you are on the range qualifying with a side arm or something like that, they are kind of pricey and must be washed and dried after every use, and generally will not work on VOX you still will need to manually hit the PTT on your speaker mic to transmit.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.