YD (SMR, auctioned) licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

golsonnj

Premium Subscriber
I had submitted a possible correction I encountered due to not finding a few listed trunked frequencies in the FCC databases for a particular licensed system in NY. Response I got back from GTR8000 was that the frequencies were leased as part of 'market based YD (SMR, auctioned) licenses'. I tried searching the FCC databases for the specific licensee and YD service and frequencies but I'm not able to find how to connect the dots between the YD licensee and whom the frequency has been leased to. The RR response won't let me respond back to my original submission or to GTR8000 for clarification. Does anyone know where or how to determine leased frequency information? Thanks.

golsonnj

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. This is very helpful. I need to spend some time exploring and figuring out better how the lease allocations work because I'm still not seeing a specific connection between some frequencies shown in the RR database and what appears to be more of a general band of frequencies indicated as part of a lease.

k2hz

Database Admin
Thank you. This is very helpful. I need to spend some time exploring and figuring out better how the lease allocations work because I'm still not seeing a specific connection between some frequencies shown in the RR database and what appears to be more of a general band of frequencies indicated as part of a lease.
Basically, the choice of frequencies, emission type, etc.. within the authorized band is up to the user and is not a matter of public record. All that FCC data will tell you is who the lessee is, the frequency band and area of operation.

k2hz

Database Admin
This is also the case with auctioned Part 22 frequencies and why actual use information is sketchy. The successful bidder basically gets a band of frequencies or bandwidth centered on specific frequencies to use as they see fit within the specified geographic area.

Status
Not open for further replies.