Yeager MOT or CON?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Are Yeager airport frequencies MOT or CON for Type? I haven't heard anything all day while scanning just wondering if anyone else has heard anything or not or if I've missed something while using Win96.

Last edited:

JESSERABBIT

I checked the Database here on RR and it lists Yaeger Airport as using their frequencies in the AM Mode. Win96 allows you to select that mode. Let us know how that works out. I am assuming that you have programmed the six frequencies for the airport. Depending on how close you are to it the scanner may just pick up just the planes or both the planes and the control tower.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I should be able to pick up both easily(My scanner picks up Nitro PD which is past Charleston),maybe the traffic is nonexistant on a Saturday lol I'm going to change to from CON To MOT for type and see if that makes any difference....

Edit: MOT no go,back to CON,dunno but sure would like to fix this,maybe someone will chime in having heard Yeager on their scanner. I can hear Charleston stations like police,fire muncipal,etc clear as a bell,weird nothing from Yeager.

Last edited:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I should be able to pick up both easily(My scanner picks up Nitro PD which is past Charleston),maybe the traffic is nonexistant on a Saturday lol I'm going to change to from CON To MOT for type and see if that makes any difference....

Edit: MOT no go,back to CON,dunno but sure would like to fix this,maybe someone will chime in having heard Yeager on their scanner. I can hear Charleston stations like police,fire muncipal,etc clear as a bell,weird nothing from Yeager.

I think someone mentioned they are AM. I think you may be putting these in as a trunked system; they are probably (without looking at the DB) conventional AM.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Mike,they are in as conventional when I imported them from the Kanawha County database,the trunk part of the bank is empty(I have yeager in bank 7). Maybe I'll hear something someday LOL

JESSERABBIT

Ok, I think this may work. If you import the WV frequencies into a bank on the Pro-96 and it is a trunked system, you may just have to manually enter the airport frequencies in the same bank manually below the trunked system. Make sure that the mode is AM for the air frequencies. I THINK that it works this way-If you import a trunked system, the only thing that gets downloaded is the trunked system. If you try to import conventional into the same bank as the trunked frequencies, the trunked freqs go away and all that is left is the conventional frequencies and vice versa. Someone please correct me if this not how it works. Air frequencies are conventional and trunked frequencies are mot. And yes, you will hear something someday. There are many people here who know a lot more than me, and you will get the right answers sooner or later. Please let us know how things work out and ask away if need be.

blackacid

You could punch in the 119.2 and the 124.1 if they aren't in the scanner already.... should be able to hear something on one of those since the planes are up high. That will let at least let you know that it is working right. Everything is AM mode and not FM. Double check it to make sure it didn't change over to FM by accident. If you don't hear anything on one of these channels then something is wrong.

From http://www.airnav.com/airport/KCRW
KCRW Airport Communications

UNICOM: 122.95
ATIS: 127.6
CHARLESTON GROUND: 121.8 348.6
CHARLESTON TOWER: 125.7 257.8
CHARLESTON APPROACH: 119.2(SOUTH) 124.1(NORTH) 269.125 128.5
CHARLESTON DEPARTURE: 119.2(SOUTH) 124.1(NORTH) 269.125 128.5
CLEARANCE DELIVERY: 118.55
CLASS C: 119.2(SOUTH) 269.125
CLASS C IC: 124.1(NORTH)
EMERG: 121.5 243.0

Last edited:

blackacid

Downloaded win96 and took a screen shot of how it should be setup. Channels don't have to be in that order though.

uni96.gif

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Your screenshot is exactly like mine,except at the trunk info nothing is checked underneath the ON(decided to change underneath to all on but I don't think that makes a difference) and the Alpha tags are different(did you do this manually or imported from the Kanawha database?) And are you able to listen in? I'm going to turn off bank 0 to 6 and 8,9 and just leave it on 7 all day and see if any transmissions get through. But I'm also going to cross lanes to see my brother and I might take my scanner with me and let it try to pick up Yeager as I'm going there and see if it's my antenna(shouldn't since I can pick up some aircraft in search)

Attachments

• Capture_08102008_072337.jpg
    Capture_08102008_072337.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
It's going to be bigger antenna time,got Yeager control tower while at my brothers in Cross Lanes about 20 miles past Charleston,so I will put this thread to sleep :p

me714

Premium Subscriber
For a feller that's been away from home during the summer (Meigs Ohio & Mason WV, big projects), one of the first things I hear on my new 996 when I plug ig in the office is good ol' 124.1! Maybe I'm missing the thread, but, if you are asking about the air freqs, yep, they are loud and clear, even as I speak.

If you're talking about TSA, well, they use their radios about as often as I change socks at the no-tell-motel I was staying at in Ohio.... p25, garbled last time I attempted to hear them, which was a while ago.

Other entities? If you're aware of the guard and the situation involved there, they are also loud and clear.

Just remember, these are all relatively low power units, with the am's in paricular having a directional pattern that is not overly concerned with ground listeners!!!

Best cure : get closer; bigger antenna; higher antenna height; pre-amp.... "Cause, theyre out there!!!

Man, its good to be home!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.