Yeasu Ft 51 Refurb

Status
Not open for further replies.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
I have a Yaesu FT 51 that I'd like to refurb. At the least a new touch tone pad. Anyone know of a source for parts if they are still available ?

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I'd start with Yaesu's US office in California. I've purchased parts from them in the past, but due to the age of the radio, they may not have much left in stock.

vannossc

Premium Subscriber
I tried to get parts for a VX-5RS I acquired in an estate sale. No case parts, keypad or lens available. Bought a dead VX-5R off qrc.com posting for $35 - it's nearly new looking in the pics. All parts there, manual, and ->complete<- antenna. You VX-5R folks out there will know what I mean (2 part antenna...).

druhe

Premium Subscriber
I'd start with Yaesu's US office in California. I've purchased parts from them in the past, but due to the age of the radio, they may not have much left in stock.

I contacted Yaesu parts and to my surprise the keypad replacement was still available. So $4.00 + $2.00 shipping later it was received in the mail. Installed it and everything looks as good as new. Needed to purchase a new battery which also arrived in fine order. I had forgotten I evened owned this radio I found it in a box that was stowed away in the attic, so now I have a radio that will be used as a back up / beater.

Thanks for the Assist

Status
Not open for further replies.