yeasu ft7900r

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtmatt

Premium Subscriber
Hi all just was wondering what everyone thinks about the yeasu ft7900 r I'm thinking about getting one thanks.

Matt
kc9mle

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Great little rig. I really enjoy the heck out of it. Very crisp and clear audio. I enjoy the remote kit and use an amplified speaker as well. This radio, stock out of the box (even to and olg mag mount) works great.

elk2370bruce

I have the 7900 and its slightly older brother - the 7800. Super rig! Look into getting the software and programming cable as well. It will make customizing your repeater choices a snap. For a super dual bandedr, m you can't beat the price or the quality!

amocjr

Great radio and a great value. Lots and lots of useful features.

For programming software, I suggest Bob Freeth's FTB7800. (It will work on the 7900 as well.) It's less expensive and more capable than other commercial alternatives. See here G4HFQ Radio Programming Software

For a programming cable, I *just* made one up using Radio Shack's USB scanner programming cable (Part No. 20-047) and the Yaesu CT-39 packet interface cable. See here KB1SUN for a brief description.

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
I have the 7900 and its slightly older brother - the 7800.

Same here have the 7800 in the shack and the 7900 in wife's car with mag mount and it performs great I would recommend the radio..Yes it will scan both VHF and UHF bands together..Also shop around for the best price..

elk2370bruce

Now that the 7900 has been released. Look for a slightly used (but not abused) 7800. With minor exceptions, its the same rig and you can save some $. If possible, get it from a local ham or club member so you can try before you buy. (I never buy a used radio without checking it out first).

Status
Not open for further replies.