Yeasu vx 7r HT programming question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim9251

Yeasu vx 7r HT, and reading the manual programmed the local repeaters, gave them alpha tags, pl tones, etc with no problem.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to do these two things:

1. Have a simplex channel. I've gone into the basic settings, set it to SIMP, and it still does the repeater off set. I am trying to program 446.000 as the simplex channel.

2. Program off set transmit and receive frequencies. I want to have 145.920 as transmit and 435.300 as receive no tones.

I read and read and read then manual, and just cannot seem to get how to do the above.

mancow

Database Admin
Repeater shift:

Fcn key then hit 0 to enter the menu. Go to basic menu item 7 (RPT SHIFT) and use the MAIN and SUB keys to change the selection from - + or simplex.

You likely have the auto repeater shift turned on which causes the radio to set a shift based on what part of the band you are tuned to. 446 is considered a repeater frequency so it will try to automatically apply the shift. You can override it using the menu above but unless you store it in a channel the shift will return once you tune away from that frequency and come back.

As for odd offsets, it can do it. It's an odd mix of hitting buttons and I think it involves the PTT button at one point too. I don't remember the sequence now.

You might google vx commander. It's a software program that takes a lot of the work out of it.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I agree with mancow, look into getting software. The commander software is free, however you have to go elsewhere to get the right programing cable. If you get the common software from RT systems, you will get both. Either way, the software takes the headache part out of programing. It is good to know how to do it manualy too. There are ususaly no laptops/desktops to use in the field or in a quick emergency so manual mode is always good to know...Here is a sample of the software price: Scroll down to the ADMS-1G
Yaesu VX-7R VX-7RB Amateur HT VX7R

Manny

Last edited:

jim9251

Thanks, I have the Commander software, waiting on a cable. I like to program things manually to see how they work and know how to operate them.

mparker

i am having problems programming PL tones.. i go through the menu system and set it to tone sql then to the next menu and set the correct tone. but every time i set it, it wont save. it show the TSQ icon, but when i change from that channel and then back again i have to set it again....

Status
Not open for further replies.