Yellowstone County encryption

Lylaff

Premium member. It appears Yellowstone County, dispatch for city, county, state law enforcement and for dispatching fire and first responders for the city of Billings, MT has completed their goal of complete encryption as all feeds have been "off-line" for many days now. No need for me to renew my membership. Oh and I am a female retired Deputy Sheriff.

jjwhite29

Premium Subscriber
There is still lots to listen to over there if you have right setup. Laurel PD, Stillwater, Carbon, and MHP. If you get one of the new sites programed you might also pick up Bozeman and surrounding Montana P25.

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your commitment to the Law Enforcement! Enjoy your retirement.
Ocasionally I will get Yellowstone County Sheriff on TGid 12315.
I haven’t been in Yellowstone County since they said they would go to encryption.
As mentioned previously there are other spectrums to monitor.
73, Rex

CopperWhopper67

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your commitment to the Law Enforcement! Enjoy your retirement.
Ocasionally I will get Yellowstone County Sheriff on TGid 12315.
I haven’t been in Yellowstone County since they said they would go to encryption.
As mentioned previously there are other spectrums to monitor.
73, Rex
Yellowstone County Sheriff is encrypted as well? Or does this only apply to City of Billings?

6079smithw

Premium member. It appears Yellowstone County, dispatch for city, county, state law enforcement and for dispatching fire and first responders for the city of Billings, MT has completed their goal of complete encryption as all feeds have been "off-line" for many days now. No need for me to renew my membership. Oh and I am a female retired Deputy Sheriff.
Sounds like a done deal if even John, Beth and Rip couldn't prevent it.:cry:
Bravo Zulu for your service and hoping you enjoy your retirement!

CopperWhopper67

Premium Subscriber
Well at least there is still something to listen to on the county level. Unlike your neighbors to the north, Musselshell County. Was up there for most of my stay in MT and from what I could tell EVERYTHING was fully encrypted VHF conventional. RRDB is way off for Musselshell

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to hear that the “feed” was taken down.
Was in Billings last week and was able to copy traffic on the Billings 800 system (fire and EMS) and also YCSO Talkgroup 12315 on my SDS-100.
73, Rex

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well at least there is still something to listen to on the county level. Unlike your neighbors to the north, Musselshell County. Was up there for most of my stay in MT and from what I could tell EVERYTHING was fully encrypted VHF conventional. RRDB is way off for Musselshell
It would be helpful if you could submit to use what isn't correct and needs to be changed.

CopperWhopper67

Premium Subscriber
It would be helpful if you could submit to use what isn't correct and needs to be changed.
I have been working on looking back into my recordings and trying to figure out what is being used and what isn't. It's been on heck of a challenge because there seems to be only a few monitorable channels, and I was only up there for 5 days with little downtime. I have a spreadsheet that has a good chunk nailed down, but it's far from complete. I was going to wait to submit to see if I could glean more info, but I can submit it now to get the ball rolling.

Based on what I read from multiple county council meeting minutes, this a brand new system deployed with the help of COVID ARPA funds.