• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Yes! It's the all-out nuclear war USB hub!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_10_92

I'll take 10.
I"d like to have one in the truck, just hold it upto the window if someone 'rages' at you.. haha.. KABLAMMO!..

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi again Dr. Strangelove, Gen. Ripper and all,

"I'd buy one!"
You WOULD!

"I"d like to have one in the truck, just hold it upto the window if someone 'rages' at you.. haha.. KABLAMMO!"
That's what my flare pistol is for.

"I wonder what the red button really does?"
The same thing those other diddly widdlies do, nothing.

"Where's the cold cathodes?"
Still in the 0Z4 where I left them. (I have a cold 807 if you need one.)

"That's one hell of a labor contract negotiation tool."
Only if it's wired to a little something in the CEO's office.

Keep 'em coming guys, this is highly amusing. That thingamabob reminds me of my impressive and totally weird "Frankenstein CB" I built many years ago. A big steel cabinet with those big 1930s meters, knife switches, dials, knobs, flashing lights and stuff scrounged from a scrap yard on the front panel and even a Jacob's Ladder on top with a leettle eety beety CB set on the inside. It would have been perfect for Herman Munster if he and Grandpa didn't already have an even bigger Frankenstein ham station in the basement.

STiMULi

I_10_92 said:
I'll take 10.
I"d like to have one in the truck, just hold it upto the window if someone 'rages' at you.. haha.. KABLAMMO!..

Give them that wildeyed look of a crazed madman while slowly lifting the protective cover, never taking your eyes off the other guy and watch them pee their pants :twisted:

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
I have an idea.

I think it would be neat to have a USB hub or other piece of computer hardware take the form of the nuclear football.

Open the case and....WOW, look at all that eye candy! :lol:

Can you imagine what the boss would think when you plug that into the computer and open the case. Add some kind of digital recorded chip message Arab chant for effect as the case is opened. Haablaa abla khlaaa la la la! Three ..two..one. :lol:

Sad truth is there are suit case nuclear devices in existence. However, this is a nuclear football. The suit case to begin a nuke war!

SCPD

poltergeisty said:
I have an idea.

I think it would be neat to have a USB hub or other piece of computer hardware take the form of the nuclear football.

Open the case and....WOW, look at all that eye candy! :lol:

Can you imagine what the boss would think when you plug that into the computer and open the case. Add some kind of digital recorded chip message Arab chant for effect as the case is opened. Haablaa abla khlaaa la la la! Three ..two..one. :lol:

Sad truth is there are suit case nuclear devices in existence. However, this is a nuclear football. The suit case to begin a nuke war!
Funny:lol:
I think the boss and everyone else would not only piss their pants but they would have brown streaks running down their legs as well.

okccsi

That second one is absolutely hilarious. Reminds me of some of the inter-department wars we had while onboard the ship in the Navy.

Tons of fun.

OKC CSI

scankid2591

There is actually a scary part to that suitcase bomb post...

Russia is missing 3 suitcase bombs.

One of those is enough to blow up a 3-mile-across hole in a city.

Just a slight bit scary...

But those desktop devices of mass destruction are completely hilarious... I want one. LOL

Last edited:

EdKrom

Premium Subscriber
I like the cold war stuff, but, we have removed all the safety features from today's killers.

The Laser Cannon in my Jeep does not have a key-switch, he, he, he. Just a push button.

Status
Not open for further replies.