Yet another Allegheny Co. Fire Frequency question

Status
Not open for further replies.

colliers_628

ok now the main goal of allegheny co is to move everyone to uhf dispatch and tac frequencies right? the database for allegheny co is so scrammbled its almost hard to figure out which frequency their using and which frequency their not. are they still using low band for simulcast? Is their any way to update or correct the database to where it is less confusing?

what frequencies are west mifflin, coraopolis, turtle creek, north versailles, dispatched off of.

also does anyone have the frequency for allegheny ludlum fire ems out of brackenridge and how come they arent listed under station 396 when all their vehicles have been changed to that numbering?, allegheny valley station 318, westinghouse EMD station 348. does USS Steel use 153.320 and or 464.675 for fire dispatch or they on the LCN trunking system. and the bettis atomic plant.

ive also cross checked with K3FS's scanning site but still am confused to the above information.

any help would greatly be appreciated

brent

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Yes, the database is scrambled...and that is after I spent a long time trying to clean it up. More input is greatly appeciated.

I got away from that project, but I still have a few things to straighten up and organize for the Allegheny page...if you think it's bad now, you should have seen it two months ago.

It doesn't help that Allegheny Co has a history of being very fractured...with numerous independent dispatch centers operating over the years and lots of police and fire having their own sets of frequencies.

csvff78

West Mifflin - 154.250 - PL 107.2
North Versailles - 33.860 - CSQ
Turtle Creek - 33.860 - CSQ

All of the above are not dispatched by Allegheny County at this point.

As far as the others. They are not dispatched by Allegheny County either. The others likely use their companies frequencies and in some cases trunked systems. Just because they have placed the county station numbering on their vehicles, does not mean they designate as such on air, or are dispatched by Allegheny County.

The Allegheny Valley is not an area that I hear very well at my location. I don't post frequencies that I have not confirmed. So, if its not on my pages, its likely I have not heard it. Coraopolis is a good example. I just have not been able to hear them yet.

Please let me know if there is something that is confusing on my pages, and I will try to make it more easy to understand. It's good to get another persons view point.

colliers_628

Frank,

it's nice to hear from you. I really admire and like your site. It's well put together and there are frequencies for everything except the kitchen sink, and to boot their all correct and no BS frequencies or information. i frequently go to your site and browse it in search for updated information on the pittsburgh area. i dont think i could put a better website together if i tried, however i'll email you with the personal list i had put together for when i travel around pittsburgh.

brent

ffemt134

I'm from the Allegheny Valley area, I will see if I can find out exactly what frequencies Ludlum and EMD are using in the plants. I believe they are UHF. I have heard both on the Tarentum UHF and North Fire 2 frequencies, respectively, when there is a plant emergency and they need to communicate with outside fire units.
I'm not quite sure what you mean about Allegheny Ludlum's Station numbering.....I have always heard them identify themselves as "396" units on the air.

Allegheny Valley 318....I honestly have no idea what organization this identifier is intended for. I have never heard it used. The only possibility I can think of would be the hospital, but as far as I know they do not have their own internal fire brigade.

Status
Not open for further replies.