Yet another great idea

skydive1860

I have a morsel of knowledge for DIY. I can run a multimeter if I concentrate real hard. Do I want a inverted or sloper or dipole hung 40 to 50 up with a couple hundred feet long for sdr receive only this is using an upconverter.
Since the coated surveillance camera chinese grade cord has two ultra thin wires in it for power and signal can I splice the wires together and use it as antenna wire?
How's about feeding the antenna with 213 U and a up converter to sma male. Where would up converter go? I think the feed goes to the high end of a sloper and middle of a dipole. Does all this sound like a 9:1 balun is a good idea and will hurt anything if I add one anyway? I believe the balun goes directly from feed to cable along with a up converter then straight to 213 U ending at sdr with a sma connector.
With any outside antenna receive only do I add a counterpoise and how? Since I have always heard to use a known good ground for everything can I just willy nilly add a ground wherever I please?
Then do I cut length depending on where I want to go for best multiband? I can run wire 50 feet up for almost any length to 600 feet in any shape as long as it is up high. A sloper fed at the top in a tree grove can gradually slope over a long length.
No idea what I'm doing but having a real good time. Thanks for reading!
I can lay coated wire all over the ground and in it.

One more!! Apparently I can fry something with too much antenna for a Grundig executive satellit, never used.