Yet another new C'ville talkgroup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prthorsenjr

Howdy,

I had the good fortune to have the scanner on yesterday at work and while messing about with Win 500 i noticed that a new talkgroup popped up. The talk group id was: 3856

Now, I didn't hear any real audio. But the squelch did open up and there was a long period of static.

I assume that this legit. It couldn't be a "natural" anomaly, could it?

Which brings up another question. A little while back I found a new talk groupd id here in town for the CTS busses, confirmed by one of the admins here. How do these things really get confirmed? Is there any place where this information is readily available?

Thanks,

Pete

dtscho

Database Admin
I confirmed the CTS talkgroup by listening to what was on it. There's no "official" list of talkgroups that's not posted on RadioReference or anything like that.

Dave

gcgrotz

Hi Peter, welcome to RR and the growing Central VA group. Dave does a good job covering the confirmations in the region. If I had time, I would go and check the database and load the new TG in my scanner. Maybe some day soon. I worked for a radio shop when CTS got their first radios back in the 80's. The memory of those dirty installations still makes my skin crawl ;-)

The CTS buses are not too exciting to listen to anyway, though I sometimes enjoy listening to the UVA buses and the college-age drivers.

prthorsenjr

Thanks for the information

Thanks guys,

I've been skulking around here for a while occasionally poking my head up now and again.

David, I am curious as to how you happened to hear the Charlottesville traffic all the way out in Fredricksburg. Either you have a very nice antenna farm that I'd love to see and drool over or you made a special trip down this way to check things out.

Care to share which it might be?

Pete

dtscho

Database Admin
David, I am curious as to how you happened to hear the Charlottesville traffic all the way out in Fredricksburg. Either you have a very nice antenna farm that I'd love to see and drool over or you made a special trip down this way to check things out.

Care to share which it might be?

Pete

Pete,

Actually, neither of those things. I'm able to hear the Albemarle/Charlottesville/UVA system from Fredericksburg if I use the Radio Shack 800 MHz antenna and find a good location in the house. I assume this is because I'm monitoring the Carter's Mountain site of the simulcast system.

Of course, I've been to Charlottesville a few times, where I've also monitored the system. But I found the CTS talkgroup and the talkgroup for the schools by monitoring from home.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.