Yet another noob :) RS pro 164

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misermurphy

Hello everyone I have a question about the pro 164 as trunking is concerned. I have entered all 20 of the frequencies associated with the EDACS system for Denver county but i can not tell if it is working or not. I also can't make heads or tales of the manual. I did find a site called mike's scanners that was helpful but i still don't see the frequencies changing when someone talks. Thank you in advance!

puzzleriddle

1st, a link to the system your trying to monitor would help
Also 1 ) they have to be in LCN order NOT starting in the xx0 Position. each frequency & bank will need to be in EDACS Mode.. hope this may help some. :). Also only 1 site per bank

DickH

1st, a link to the system your trying to monitor would help
Also 1 ) they have to be in LCN order NOT starting in the xx0 Position. each frequency & bank will need to be in EDACS Mode.. hope this may help some. :). Also only 1 site per bank

Order implies numerical order, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. Some EDACS systems skip freqs. or even start at channel 6 or 7 or higher. It all depends on the LCN (Logical Channel NUMBER). The freqs. must be in specific channels as defined by the LCN.
For example, look at the RACOM system. I happened to see it in the WI part of the database.
1 site's LCN is 6,7,12,13,14,17. Another site is 8,11,13,14,15,21,22,23.

Last edited:

Misermurphy

Its working now it's an entrusting system to bad bad you can only have 1 system per bank there's a lot to listen to in Colorado lol.

Misermurphy

I have another question if i have a trunk system running in bank 2 and i put other frequencies in the bank will that hurt it

DickH

Its working now it's an entrusting system to bad bad you can only have 1 system per bank there's a lot to listen to in Colorado lol.

Not exactly. You can have many Motorola systems in one bank because the freqs. do not need to be in specific channels. It will work perfectly if the systems are far apart in miles, like Portland and Seattle and San Francisco. Of course, there might be Talk Group conflictions.

"... I have another question if i have a trunk system running in bank 2 and i put other frequencies in the bank will that hurt it ..."
Yes, you can have conventional freqs. in the same bank as a trunking system.

Status
Not open for further replies.