Yet another (?) recording header decoded and playback tool....

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
OK - this helps -- I need to work on the section of code that determines if the input folder exists or not. I think the error check I'm doing there could really be several different things but only indicates the folder is not found/valid.

That error might be returned for several reasons:
- folder is not valid
- folder is empty
- folder contains files but not *.wav files
- folder contains too many files

Thanks -- I'll work on this -- or at least make the error message more clear to indicate the above.

Dewey

OK, so I am getting a nice list with all the data as you show Troy on Chrome. Now getting the recordings on some of the time stamps in blue, but most coming up with message.
This webpage is not Found.
Steve

This might be a browser issue here. I use Firefox as my default browser, and it will not play the recordings using the links no matter what I do. I've gone into Firefox's settings and told it to use Windows Media player for all audio files, but it still comes up not found. Doing some research, I saw where Firefox will use the specified application (Windows Media Player in my case) to download files, but it will always use its own plug-in when there is one to execute applications. When I open the resulting webpage with Internet Exploiter, it will play the files via the links all day long.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Dewey,
I normally use Firefox, but for Troy's application, I set my default browser to Chrome for that period, and now the program seems to be working great.
Steve AA6IO

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Works great. I am using it on a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit operating system on Internet Explorer.

At first I was getting an error notice but the issue was the folder was called "New Folder" but I had to delete the space to "NewFolder" and it worked. I did notice that the radio Ids don't come up when you have a name for it on the radio (example "1234 Car 1") but works if you don't have the radio id named "1234"

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Been using program this evening on about 5000 files recorded of Department of Defense P25 sites here.
Working very well now. Think this really will have some nice uses. Thanks again Troy.
Steve AA6IO

Dewey

Troy, since you've added the statistics tables, the defined dimensions for the variables may be too small. Believe me, I love the app if no other changes are made, but I just wanted to pass the info along:

Attachments

• StatisticsFull.jpg
    StatisticsFull.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 206

troymail

Silent Key
Troy, since you've added the statistics tables, the defined dimensions for the variables may be too small. Believe me, I love the app if no other changes are made, but I just wanted to pass the info along:

Thanks -- I have a new version I'm testing that increases those tables... trying to decide if I want to release it as is or wait until I convert things to dynamic memory allocation first....

troymail

Silent Key
Works great. I am using it on a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit operating system on Internet Explorer.

At first I was getting an error notice but the issue was the folder was called "New Folder" but I had to delete the space to "NewFolder" and it worked.

You should be able to work with files/folders with spaces as a command line parameter. Just enclose the string in quotes.

I did notice that the radio Ids don't come up when you have a name for it on the radio (example "1234 Car 1") but works if you don't have the radio id named "1234"

I really hadn't experimented much at all with radio ID labels, I'll have to put that on my list to investigate.

Dewey

You should be able to work with files/folders with spaces as a command line parameter. Just enclose the string in quotes.

FYI only... I did fine on my XP machine (Documents and Settings & My Documents) without having to do the quotes. For anyone who thinks spaces may be causing the problem, I would suggest trying with the "DOS legal file name" in place of the "Windows Long File Name" to confirm that it's actually the spaces that are the problem. Under normal conditions:

Documents and Settings = DOCUME~1
My Documents = MYDOCU~1

The tilde-1 increases with each directory/file in the same current directory with the same first six DOS legal characters.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber

I really hadn't experimented much at all with radio ID labels, I'll have to put that on my list to investigate.

Thanks for doing the program!

I always hated to have to upload the radio files to the computer. Pick the ones I want to look at (radio id, talkgroup info, etc.) and then have to upload it back to the BCD436HP. This program really makes it easier!

troymail

Silent Key
Latest Version

Updated to better advise when there is a problem loading the data and/or the folder isn't found.

Also added a radio ID feature some may enjoy.

This version was test on my Pentium XP machine with a small batch of files and my development laptop against 135k files.

Note: without filtering, a report created against a 135k files isn't recommended.....

Last edited:

Dewey

Note: without filtering, a report created against a 135k files isn't recommended.....

Is that for me ;)

EDIT: Ok, I went just under the 135, and still fill the table. Again, no complaint... just letting you know. Also, works well on Win 7, 64-bit.

Attachments

• StatisticsTable.jpg
    StatisticsTable.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
Latest Version....

Attached is the latest....

Added:

• now handles alpha tags/aliases for radio identifiers (in addition to the radio IDs)
  • generates a tab-delimited radio IDs file that can be used for cut and paste/import

Last edited:

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Attached is the latest....

Added:

• now handles alpha tags/aliases for radio identifiers (in addition to the radio IDs)
  • generates a tab-delimited radio IDs file that can be used for cut and paste/import

Works perfectly. I like the radio id/radio user feature.

kd7eir

Finally had a chance to test. Windows 8.1 x64. Read 8090 files in about 30-45 seconds without errors. Absolutely love the layout.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Troy,
I love the program. I am trying to figure out what I need to do to make it play all captured files. I listen to a lot of CIVAIR/MILAIR and many times the transmissions are less than 3 seconds. I don't want any time restrictions on my decode, so that I may determine which frequencies are active.

I read thru the thread and looked at the decode screen. The screen says I can change this by adding another parameter to the command line. Any hints ?

Thanks for a great program.

troymail

Silent Key
Troy,
I love the program. I am trying to figure out what I need to do to make it play all captured files. I listen to a lot of CIVAIR/MILAIR and many times the transmissions are less than 3 seconds. I don't want any time restrictions on my decode, so that I may determine which frequencies are active.

I read thru the thread and looked at the decode screen. The screen says I can change this by adding another parameter to the command line. Any hints ?

Thanks for a great program.

You can open a command prompt (DOS) window (should be in the start menu under Accessories) and run the program from within that window:

x36read-0.6b <path to recordings> <min duration>

example:

x36read-0.6b "C\My Recordings" 1

will list all recordings that are 1 seconds or greater in length.

I'll probably add this as a prompted input in the next release.

Status
Not open for further replies.