• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Yet Another Set of HT1250 Programming Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarryWilly

I have a few questions. I have programmed these radios in the past, but I just got an HT1250 (used to have 750's) with the full keypad and stored voice.

1. For some reason the fire departments each have their own "group call" tone. Personally I think it is silly because a dispatch that could take about 15 seconds now is pushing 45 seconds, and it is really annoying to listen to, and the fact that all the pagers steady beep instead of pulsating beep. Anyway, I need to program a function so that it acts a pager. How to I program the group call tone and only the group call tone. Right now it is set to A-B\Long B with a randomly chosen A tone and our tone as the B tone. Is this the only way to do it? Is there a better way, and will it trip?

2. A couple units came programmed to do paging. The red emergency button was set to act as a "pager reset" like the squelch button on a Minitor. What does the button have to be set as to do that?

3. What settings do I need to have enabled to make sure the stored voice records when the "pager mode" is tripped?

4. Is there a way to have a PTT sound, like when you use a Nextel? I know it sounds like a silly thing to have, but it lets people know who's is opening and causing feedback when someone else goes to transmit.

Thanks for the help

KB9LIQ

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Just a question but does Motorola send a manual with the CPS when you buy it now or is that extra? My quess is Moto charges extra.

HarryWilly

I can't answer that... the license for the software is not my personal one, it is one that existed before, and the people before got up and left, so no one has any idea, but I would assume no, and I am well aware that motorola has a part number for it so you probably do pay for it.

CCHLLM

CPS has the manual/help file as part of the software. The help file gets you into the detailed portions by clicking on the highlighted subjects brought up in the help file.

HarryWilly

I still don't have a question to number 4, but it looks like it is a MDC-1200 only issue that allows the PTT sounds. But anyway here are the answers to the other three questions (BTW, thanks for the thread hijack)

1. A-B\Long B is pretty much the only way to do it, It is poor planning on the part of the people who engineered the system the radio is on, but it works fine. I just have a radom freq for A and the long tone for B

2. To do the reset, the button you want to reset the paging mode is just like a minitor - the one for "monitor" also resets it.

3. Under advanced board options, check "all incoming calls" to make sure voice storage will record.

Status
Not open for further replies.