Yet another violation of the no delay rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Unless something has changed, only OFFICIAL feeds can have delays right? Wellllll... Here is yet another feed , the Wayne County, MS feed that notes it has a delay for officer safety. And it is not an official feed. I love that we have a new MS feed, but lets stick to good for goose good for gander .
"FEED NOTES
THIS FEED INCLUDES
Wayne POLICE, Wayne FIRE, CCSO & JCSO
THIS FEED IS NOT INTENDED FOR MALICIOUS USE..
*NOTE*
this scanner has a small delay from the time of traffic to hitting the stream.. this is for the safety of all public safety and anyone else involved "

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dude, I don't know why you can't just contact me directly for clarification on this issue instead of airing it out in public. It's possible that the feed provider is just referencing the inherent delay in all feeds.

If you want to air stuff like this out in public, as a database administrator, maybe it makes sense for us to just remove your database admin access so you don't make us look like absolute fools in public with unsubstantiated accusations and assumptions.

JDrisc3480

Unless something has changed, only OFFICIAL feeds can have delays right? Wellllll... Here is yet another feed , the Wayne County, MS feed that notes it has a delay for officer safety. And it is not an official feed. I love that we have a new MS feed, but lets stick to good for goose good for gander .
"FEED NOTES
THIS FEED INCLUDES
Wayne POLICE, Wayne FIRE, CCSO & JCSO
THIS FEED IS NOT INTENDED FOR MALICIOUS USE..
*NOTE*
this scanner has a small delay from the time of traffic to hitting the stream.. this is for the safety of all public safety and anyone else involved "
So there is a delay. Be happy you can still hear what is going on. I mean they could have made the decision to go encrypted in the interest of everyone involved, then you would not have anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.