Yet more issues with this "wonderful" PSR800

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I have basically been banging my head against the wall with this scanner for various reasons and to be honest, I am not impressed with it.

I tried to add in some files by a kind individual who is helping out but since I picked up this scanner today a new problem has sprung up.

I am scanning the following system:

Bell FleetNet - Ontario Provincial Government Zone 1 Trunking System, Southwest Zone, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

Its our provincial system, some talk groups are digital and some analog. The scanner reads this system correctly when any of the analog talkgroups come up but the second and I mean the second a digital talkgroup comes up the scanner stops trunking.

When Trunking is working, it will show a flashing 'T', but the second a digital talkgroup comes up this "T" dissapeared. Also the "S" Meter disapears at the same time.And on the top left to the left of the flashing "T' "SCAN" vanishes after it 'hears; a digital communication

To be honest I was playing around with this scanner, I have had issues with it but I am thinking that I fudged up some setting on the scanner to makes this not work. It will not "trunk" any if the P25 systems at all.

Did I do something to my AGC settings? I have no idea if they are supposed to be on, or not, I can list my settings if need be.

I am really getting frustrated with this scanner, I know full well and it is not a matter of there being no comms my PSR600 broadcasts digital and analog communications very well.

And I hope its just me being stupid and that I messed up a setting, can anyone please help me out.

Thank You

Eric

SCPD

QRT
Go into the Site Options for your P25 site (make sure it's highlighted) and verify that AUTOFILL is enabled on the Trunking Tables drop-down box.

VE3RADIO

Man Eric I don't know what you did... but it worked perfectly for me.. I will swap you the home patrol back if its too complicated for you.

N8IAA

Go into the Site Options for your P25 site (make sure it's highlighted) and verify that AUTOFILL is enabled on the Trunking Tables drop-down box.

Do what nickcarr suggests. It worked for me when I wasn't receiving a VHF digital system near me.
Just remember to load the change back onto the SD card.
HTH,
Larry

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I had the same problem when I was using a PSR800 on a P25 system. (I know Fleetnet isn't technically P25, but the problem stands, I'm pretty sure.) Somehow when a GRE radio is not explicitly told to use the auto bandplans, it loses its mind.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber

I do not see this on the ezscan software on any of the three systems,2 pure P25 and 1 mixed system.
I cannot bring up what you are asking me to bring up on the ezscan software. How do I change it in the scanner itself.?

On my software it appears that the Data Decode Thresholds are off. I cannot change it on my mixed P25/Analog site but on one of the P25 Pure sites it appears as low 88 High 95.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
See attachment

I have my P25 system set just like that. And I have my mixed P25/Analog system set that was as well.

And it continues to do the same thing.In one of my v-folders, I have a P25 system and a mixed P25 system in and when I load it to the scanner and card it still shows, nothing to scan.

I also decided last nite to manually enter in these two systems from the scanner's not by the software. On the mixed system it will not decode digital transmissions. When I turn on the scanner it will decode the analog talkgroups but the second a digital call on a digital talkgroup comes I lose the 'T' and it wont work on any talkgroup.

And on the P25 system it will not work at all.

How do I delete everything from the scanner and the software and I will start again. I want to get rid of everything off the V folders and start fresh.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
And now I am going to post screen shots of the set up.

I checked my scanner, it has V-Folder #4 in it and it continues not to work.

???

Is there anything wrong that anyone can see on the screen shots?

And if there isnt I would like to wipe the scanner of EVERYTHING delete the software and then start again.

I appreciate everyones help.

Eric

Attachments

• Bell Fleetnet one site Charlton set up.jpg
    Bell Fleetnet one site Charlton set up.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 839
  • Halton P25 system set up.jpg
    Halton P25 system set up.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 831

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Man Eric I don't know what you did... but it worked perfectly for me.. I will swap you the home patrol back if its too complicated for you.

Matt:

This makes me look dumb. I have a great deal of other stresses in life, your a friend, you know my situation well enough.

A year ago my b*thch of a mother went to see my wife when she was 2 days out of back surgery, her second surgery in which they had to break all the steel that held her back up from neck to bum and re-attach it again. It is only performed by one person in the provinnce and this guy travels across the world to do it.

My mother told my wife, while she was lying in her bed, full of opiates, that I was borderline r#tarded and that she and my daughter were better off without me. That I was unable to really function in the real world.

That stung. And now I am out of work and when I struggle to do something as this I start to think that maybe my mother is right.

Swipesy

Can you post a screenshot of your General Settings Tab and your Advanced Features Tab? Your Trunked Radio Tab looks ok.

SCPD

QRT
Can you post a screenshot of your General Settings Tab and your Advanced Features Tab? Your Trunked Radio Tab looks ok.

I have my P25 sites enabled with Digital AGC. On his screenshot it wasn't enabled. Not sure if that's his problem though.

Probably just needs to be wiped out and reset back to scanner defaults.

Swipesy

I have my P25 sites enabled with Digital AGC. On his screenshot it wasn't enabled. Not sure if that's his problem though.

Probably just needs to be wiped out and reset back to scanner defaults.

I believe the upper box controls the global setting and he has AGC turned on. Not positive about that but I think it does. There are a couple settings on the two tabs I asked to see that may be an issue before he blows everything away.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hey guys.

I went out to incarus1963 place today and he helped me out tremendously!

I am not sure about the AGC settings on the individual talkgroups, some have them, some dont.

Do I leave them on for digital talkgroups, leave them off?

Thank you all for the help. I never take for granted my 12 years of membership here, I have been here almost as long as I have known my wife

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I've turned Automatic Gain Control 'on' on my 436, and it seems to have leveled the volume of loud channels. I think it's a setting you'll have to try for yourself to see if it has any value.

mikey60

Since this is a Motorola system, the P25 Auto setting does not apply. Since this is a VHF Motorola system, it requires a custom trunking table be set to properly track the system. The screen shot above shows that it's in Custom trunking table mode, so that's good. If you could click on the Edit button next to that, we can see what the tables are set to and possibly help you out.

Alternativey you could try downloading the latest library files and apply any updates when asked and re-upload to the scanner's SD card and see if that will correct it for you.

Mike

jamesa53

The above post makes sense to me. Another thing you might try is to ask in the Canadian forum. Anyone who has been in the trunked scanning hobby for the last few years knows systems have their nuances, so please do not feel that this is all simple and understandable and the fact that you cannot get it working at this point does not make you less intelligent.

I have seen many other posts about problems with Fleetnet, so do not feel alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
I am not sure about the AGC settings on the individual talkgroups, some have them, some dont.

Do I leave them on for digital talkgroups, leave them off?

DISCLAIMER:

My *scanner*`shack' is currently *all* GRE. I *do* still have *some* `old' Uniden products `laying about' that I *sometimes* pull out, mostly, when I am feeling `nostalgic', have `forgotten' about `the past', or am showing someone about what used to be what we had `back then'. (I *still* have a pair of PRO2006s that are still in `less frequent use' because, with the `proper' software they can still do some things `better' than my newer rigs can do. [Fully `modded', w/ `Opto boards', and other `goodies'.]) I also *occasionally* do some SWLing but, that really doesn't `fit' with the following except to mention that I am a bit more `gregarious' / `eclectic' about the `brands' and `type' of equipment I use and there the equipment has been bought to fit particular kinds of useage. IE: "Base", "Mobile", "Handheld", and sometimes even "Hey, that's neat, I wonder *if* I can find something it'll do?". The last `category' usually `raises SWMBO's eyebrows' and I've had my `sanity' questioned. CHORTLE! (I just remind her, not all that often these days, that *she* *also* `has her toys', too. VBG! [Think sewing machines, quilting frames, assorted `art supplies', her own computers for her writing and designing, ETC.])

Oh, yeah... I'm also an `OLDE FART', too. Close to 3/4 of a century on this big old `dirt clod `whistling it's way through space' tends to do that to one. VBG!

Having gotten the `disclaimer' out of the way...

For the DIGITAL, Aka P25 I & II, system(s) using the AGC is *almost* a necessary setting. I'm in the `Colorado hell' wth several competing systems already on the `air' and yet more to come and with the `overlap' between them, along with the resultant `overlap' at times, the AGC *really* helps even things out so that I don't end up getting `blown away' or have hearing problems and have to be constantly `twiddling' with the volume control. (The `twiddling' is most `problematical' when I'm out and about by myself and driving. When I'm `in the "second seat"' it isn't a problem though whoever *is* "in the "first seat" occasionally complains. Especially SWMBO! VBG!! Urchins 1&2 *know* that they *don't* complain as they are still at the stage where they are learning and have `other concerns' that are more important than how loud the scanner is. CHORTLE!)

Having said all that it *is* up to *you* to decide if the AGC is working for *you*. You may be lucky that the `radio shop' that does the maintainence for the system `knows it's stuff' and is keeping everything `up to snuff' the majority of the time *and* the `users' realize that shouting isn't going to make them heard `better'. `Course there will always be `users' who try to `swallow the mike', `try to whisper when they try to be "covert"', or just plain `mumble all the time'. That's just `part-n-parcel' of having lots of `users' who are indivduals just like those of us who are on RR. VBG!

Status
Not open for further replies.