Yolo County

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like Yolo County has the new repeater system up and running for fire and sheriff. I am getting them loud and clear now (no more chop). The tone of the radio sounds a lot like CHP OCAPS, I thought it was for a while until I started paying attention to the unit ID's.

pfish

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't say "up and running" ... but I noticed that YSO Primary (154.800) sounded better last night.

We had an outage last night on the fire channel. They're getting ready to simulcast/narrowband both YSO Primary and Green fire. I'm pretty sure the fire is the same repeater -- YSO sounds better though. Now they need to address coverage issues....the last time they tried simulcast it sounded horrible..and sometimes unintelligible. I guess they hired a new guy who knows what hes doing. We will see.

FCC License was updated for Simulcast and narrowband emissions on 5/28: http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=1285421

pfish

Premium Subscriber
I just compared recordings from the noon test from Today and the 27th -- Green fire sounds the same. I do agree that YSO sounds a lot better -- but a lot of units are having issues transmitting on portables. I'm not sure if those are existing dead spots or new.

Green is scheduled for some changes coming up pretty soon though.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
154.800 Yso

I was just thinking the other night how good 154.800 was sounding again. I was thinking of looking up the old thread on this topic and posting but scannerboy beat me to this one.

I was out of the area over the w/e and still picking up 154.800 as clear as can be. However, I will also agree that 154.445 (Yolo Fire Green) does not sound any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.