Yonkers EMS and Med chs

Status
Not open for further replies.

scollier

Hey all,

Does Yonkers use fd for ems? What med ch do they use for medcomm sign on.

thanks,
shawn

nozzlenut83

Empress EMS covers the City of Yonkers. Last I knew they used 462.9500 (MED9) for their dispatch. I believe they use the HEAR channels to contact the hospitals (155.340, 155.400, 155.280, 155.220).

nozzlenut83

SCANdal

Silent Key

They don't use the assigned talkgroups on the countywide UHF trunked system to talk to the hospitals? Both hospitals in the city (St. John's Riverside and St. Joseph's) each have a talkgroup.

SCANdal

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
I have seen no hits for joes or johns on trunked. If I remember corectly they work more like NYC and just show up with the dispatcher making the notifications as needed

nozzlenut83

According to my contact, they use cell phones almost exclusively. They use the VHF HEAR freqs as a back up to that. They have the County TRS radios installed but "hardly touch them" for Amb to Hosp comms.

Westchester County DES does encourage the use of the TRS TGs for Amb to Hosp comms. They are recorded and available.

I don't know about Yonkers but farther up the Hudson if you routinely show up at the hospital unannounced you will experience the wrath of the nurses. :(

nozzlenut83

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.