York County P25 PII comment & Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeKP

Hello all,
It has been years since I have posted on RR. Having lived in Fla for 7 years and moving back to the area 2 years ago, I have to say that I am dismayed as to the powers at be that feel they need to waste taxpayer dollars to implement encrypted systems (especially in Adams and Cumberland County) to protect Farmer Brown and the fact that his cow just escaped again. While in Fla, I mastered DSD and UniTrunker to decode ProVoice, etc. Not that it matters now! But anyway, am I correct in understanding that York County (where I live) is now switching to P25 PII? I sure hope so because I just purchased a Home Patrol 2 in anticipation of the switch. I've been in this hobby for 50 years now and I have to say in my opinion the HP1 has been the best scanner I have owned, so that's why after careful consideration purchased the HP2. I would appreciate your input and any info with regard to York County.
Thanks,
Keith

troymail

Silent Key
Hello all,
It has been years since I have posted on RR. Having lived in Fla for 7 years and moving back to the area 2 years ago, I have to say that I am dismayed as to the powers at be that feel they need to waste taxpayer dollars to implement encrypted systems (especially in Adams and Cumberland County) to protect Farmer Brown and the fact that his cow just escaped again. While in Fla, I mastered DSD and UniTrunker to decode ProVoice, etc. Not that it matters now! But anyway, am I correct in understanding that York County (where I live) is now switching to P25 PII? I sure hope so because I just purchased a Home Patrol 2 in anticipation of the switch. I've been in this hobby for 50 years now and I have to say in my opinion the HP1 has been the best scanner I have owned, so that's why after careful consideration purchased the HP2. I would appreciate your input and any info with regard to York County.
Thanks,
Keith
Yes - existing threads:

https://forums.radioreference.com/p...ssion-forum/336775-york-700-anything-new.html

https://forums.radioreference.com/p...937-york-county-harris-rf-com-p25-system.html

Status
Not open for further replies.