York County Refinery

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdelia

I'm having trouble setting up the EDACS trunk system for the old Amaco Oil Refinery (Which is now Western Refining) in Yorktown. I have all the freqs in. I appear to be having problems setting up the trunk system.

I am using a PSR 500. Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

K4APR

I'm having trouble setting up the EDACS trunk system for the old Amaco Oil Refinery (Which is now Western Refining) in Yorktown. I have all the freqs in. I appear to be having problems setting up the trunk system.

I am using a PSR 500. Any help would be appreciated...

The 500 is similar to my PRO-107. Are you programming through the keypad or software? I strongly suggest programming through Don Starr's Win500 software. Makes life much easier!

At first guess, I wonder if you do not have a wildcard ID added. If you don't have at least a wildcard ID, you will never hear any traffic. Of course, if you have a good list of active talkgroups, you can add these in instead and then you will hear activities on these talkgroups. This was a learning curve for me because I was used to the old OPEN vs. CLOSED banks system. When you were in OPEN mode, everything bit of traffic was heard. When CLOSED, you only heard traffic for the talkgroups you had added. With the new dynamic memory system, you must had a wildcard ID added to hear any activity, when not adding in specific talkgroup IDs.

Second, make sure you have ALL associated frequencies loaded and in the correct LCN order. If you are missing a frequency and/or they are not in the correct Logical Channel Order (LCN), the scanner will have a hard time tracking the system.

Hope that helps!

mrdelia

Thanks, I did have the wildcard setup, but I didn't realize I needed the freqs in a specific order. It works fine now..

Status
Not open for further replies.