York County SC Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Hey @dsloan Hopefully someone in your area will have a file you can use. If not this upcoming weekend I can try and put together a basic file for your to try.

tvengr

Well Known Member
On your scanner display 3rd line from bottom, do you see 853.775 or NFM? If NFM, you may be suffering from simulcast distortion and the scanner is not detecting the control channel. Try turning on the attenuator, pointing the antenna various directions, and walking around the house with the scanner. I have ARC-XT also. If you attach your programming file, I will check it for problems.

Last edited:

dsloan

Premium Subscriber
Something must have happened to the scanner, I have been able to monitor them in the past. Have no trouble monitoring systems which are not simulcast.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Try Upload to Scanner again in the case something got changed in the scanner. If it still doesn't work, please attach your file.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Try going to the Scanner tab, Communications Setup, and AutoDetect Scanner. I created a file for the York Co trunked system. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with ARC-XT and Upload to Scanner. You can delete the old file from the scanner.

Attachments

• York Co SC Trunk.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
The trunked system (York Co SC Trunk) has a system quick key of 1. You can create a second conventional system for the conventional frequencies in York County and name it York Co SC Conv Give it a system quick key of 2. Under System Settings, give it a Hold Time of 1 second. Both the trunked and conventional systems will appear on the scanner screen for about the same time when scanning. Please let me know if you have any questions about programming the conventional frequencies.

dsloan

Premium Subscriber
I can recieve other trunked frequencies around me, just the simulcast is giving me problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.