York County System anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuttleje

While monitoring the James City/Williamsburg/York County system with Pro96Com, I observed York County units displaying a "Type Field" as "PvtData" and "GrpData". During these displays, I did not hear any audio on the system nor was a talkgroup displayed. When I looked at the Channel Grant Trace Screen it showed entries for "GrpData" in talkgroup "-1". The "PvtData" was not displayed on Channel Grant Trace. The anomalies only occurred on three York County Police units. While this was occurring, you could read the radio ID numbers. The same radio would transmit at different times unencrypted and with normal displays. It appeared that only these three radios were generating the strange "Type Fields". Could it be that these radios were synchronizing with the system? What's the difference between PvtData and GrpData? Why is it only happening with the York County Police units?

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Check the Grant Trace for these frequencies against the PvData events. These frequencies are often used for PL calls.
vp",867.60000
vp",867.77500
vp",867.90000
vp",868.27500

BTW what radio are you using to listen on?

tuttleje

The PvtData does not show on the Channel Grant Trace. The GrpData does shows (talkgroup "-1"). The freqs include some of those you mentioned but many others as well. Since my post, several other radio ID numbers have appeared in the PvtData and GrpData "Types". Again, I can't figure out why it is only York County Police. I have "I-Call" set to "On" on my BCD-396T....I guess that would receive "Private Calls". It is not a smiplex call...those freqs are around 821.000 (I can't recall the exact frequency). I have been watching the "System Activity" Screen. The "PvtData" bounces among numerous freqs. If you interested, I can do a screen capture and email it to you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.