York County

Status
Not open for further replies.

David4223

Hey everyone -- I'm a newcomer to York County. (I recently lived in Charlotte).

I have checked out the database. I do not have a digital scanner, so I understand that I won't be able to monitor most of the channels in York County.

I have added all of the other channels that are listed in the database. What I would like to ask everyone -- do you have a favorite channel for York County (one that's not digital? :) ?

Also, any thoughts on an inexpensive digital scanner to monitor York County frequencies?

Thanks so much!
David

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
My personal preference is 155.535 MHz.

It can be used by EOC for patches with EMS and fire units from the surrounding counties, and medical helicopters (Med Center Air, LifeNet and Regional One).

EOC will also broacast BOLOs and alerts (weather, Amber and Silver).

With regards to digital scanners, I would only recommend the newest models ... which will also be the most-expensive. Older digital scanners, while less-expensive, appear to have more problems with reception of the York County digital system ... related to synchronization issues with reception of signals from multiple sites.

With regards to the analog frequencies listed in the RR database for York County, many of the law enforcement, fire and ems frequencies should be "quiet" now due to the transition to 800 MHz.

The old radios may still be in use, though, for some discrete or tactical use, or the frequencies may have been put to use by another agency. (I believe Rock Hill Electric is now using the old UHF city fire channel.)

If you happen to keep a log of which frequencies are still active, or being used by another agency in the county, I'm sure some of us would like to see your observations on this forum.

David4223

Anyone know of any live scanner feeds online for York County? (Until I can save up for a digital scanner, lol) :)

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
PRO-2052 with P25 and Unitrunker. It lives!

Interesting note to anyone who may have the old pro-2052 around or wants a cheap decoder. It WILL work with the P25 system in York County as a signal source for Unitrunker. SO far no luck with Trunk88 but Unitrunker works like a charm with a 100% decode rate. So don't throw them away just yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.