York/JCC snow ops

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
During the past couple of snowfalls, I have not had time to really monitor or search for new TGs on the York/JCC system.

I did plug in the VDOT channels and heard a lot of stuff.

So I am wondering if anyone heard any snow removal work on the York/JCC system or was it all handled by VDOT (which would explain why I didn't see any treatment on my street).

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
Im not sure if the snow plows use the radios all too much. WTKR News channel 3 did a segment with the snow plows and road treatment crews, all though they had some type of Motorola radio installed, the operators were communicating on Nextel Direct Connect phones... I could be wrong though. I just monitor VSP, they keep me pretty well informed, espically the other day when there was the 50 car pile up on 64W at Lee Hall

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Actually, the VDOT frequencies were fairly busy during and after the heavier snowfall.

I was just curious if there were any local (city/county) crews out there as well.

I know that I finally had to lockout 155.805 because the PHF snow crews just couldn't shut up.

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
Ok cool, I wasn't all that sure. Road Plowing doesn't interest me enough to try and monitor. But glad to hear that you are able to monitor though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.