York on e.m.a channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainetrunk

I am currently hearing York dispatch talking to a few different town's cops on 159.780 pl 156.7..kennebunk, and others... nothing heard on York channel 154.8525. Pl 107.2.

paranoia11

I am currently hearing York dispatch talking to a few different town's cops on 159.780 pl 156.7..kennebunk, and others... nothing heard on York channel 154.8525. Pl 107.2.

so does York come in on Kennebunk all of the time or only once in awhile ? I ask because I can't pick up York, I grew up there. But I think Mt Agamenticus Gets in the way, because its between me and York right now.

reedeb

Back when I was in EMA [old RACES] Bob Bohlman[RIP] Wanted ALL towns to have the EMA channel installed. I know when I was on FD our new radios we had installed had the frequency installed in VHF rig. Bob was a visionary on Emergency Management and I hope York County kept the vision going.

sfd745

Reverend Higgy
Database Admin
York County EMA has a county wide UHF operations channel (with VHF link) that is available to all departments county-wide. They strongly urge all department's to have this frequency in all their radios. There have been some instances where radio systems have gone off line and that agencies have swapped to this channel for operations. This may have been the case, or they may have had a multi-jurisdictional operation occuring.

mainetrunk

I'd like to thank my scanner partner for reminding me of the uhf tie. 460.450 pl 110.9 also being used. Towns involved tonight are
Kittery
York
Kennebunkport
Ycso,
and saco so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.