York Region Fire and Police,Ontario scanner???

Status
Not open for further replies.

doogie7189

Just want to know if you will get the York Region Fire Department and Police scanner back up and running?? I am a Vaughan firefighter and live in York Region and miss listening to whats going on in my own back yard.

Why was this scanner taken off???

Hope to hear it soon! Cheers!! Doogie

reedeb

You may wanto add alocation to your profile as I know at least 3 Yorks here in the US Unkown how many in your country.

scarswell

Our location

He is referring to the following feed;
York County, Ontario (ON) Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com

York Region, Ontario, Canada.
I too am disappointed the feed has been taken down. For a few days there was a notice saying they are testing something, then disappeared. :(

I miss listening to what was going on in my backyard too. :)

Thanks for any information on when and if it will return.

scarswell

Yes but...

There were 3 feeds available. The Richmond Hill fire department was one of them. York Regional Police was another option and so was the OPP (Ontario Provincial Police)

Now all we are left with is the fire department. :(

doogie7189

Yes i am referring to York Region, Ontario,Canada....I am hearing rumors that the feed was taken down because of a recent York Region Police line of duty death....the radio transmission of the officer that died was released to the media and had the conversation between the officer and dispatch.

It was a sad day,the officer died just down the road from me....it was a senseless death that didn't need to happen.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
There were 3 feeds available. The Richmond Hill fire department was one of them. York Regional Police was another option and so was the OPP (Ontario Provincial Police)

Now all we are left with is the fire department. :(

You can buy a scanner and start one.

scarswell

My Solution

Yes i am referring to York Region, Ontario,Canada....I am hearing rumors that the feed was taken down because of a recent York Region Police line of duty death....the radio transmission of the officer that died was released to the media and had the conversation between the officer and dispatch.

It was a sad day,the officer died just down the road from me....it was a senseless death that didn't need to happen.

Sorry for taking so long. I am pretty sure you're right. It was the Styles case when he got run down by the kids in the mini van.

I called Durham Radio and asked if the had a handheld scanner that would allow me to listen to YRP
I ended up buying the "PSR800 GRE Digital Triple Trunking Handheld Scanner with Built in Database"

Very easy to use. Cost $548.84 but worth it.

THE_KINGDOM

any word on the York Region scanner feed? I'm pretty sure they haven't gone encrypted yet..

it seems everywhere else is available except York Region, Ontario

:(

I think donations would be made to anybody who could get this feed back up and running

Status
Not open for further replies.