York Region Fire and Police scanner off line

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButtonPerson

Hi Everybody. First time posting on this forum.. I have enjoyed listening to Police and Fire on Internet but for at least a year the York Region Police and Fire (which were broadcasted together ... 1 on left speaker and the other on right speaker) has been off the air. Message stated that they would return shortly on separate channels.
Any ideas on when they will return. I miss them. I can listen to Toronto downtown, but miss hearing local calls especially when I hear and see Firetrucks race to calls past my house. (I back onto a major intersection.)
Sorry for long post

Paul

VE3JSO

your best bet is to contact the feed provider directly by clicking the contact feed provider button on the feed

ButtonPerson

Thanks guys for your quick replies. I do feel bad about the officer's untimely and tragic death (my son is with Durham Police Services, so this hit very close to home.) So I presume that this feed will not be going on air again. Too bad !! This was handy and informative being able to listen to what is happening in my area. Guess I will have to try to get my portable scanner reprogramed again.
Thanks again guys.

Paul

pathalogical

If you are still interested in listening, why not purchase a scanner ? Then you would not be dependant on someone elses feed. A simple analog trunking radio (without digital) are quite inexpensive. If you like OPP and GO Transit, you'll need digital radio, and more cash.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Yes I agree purchase a scanner then you will be able to listen anytime you want.. without relying/waiting for a feed (you probably wont see this feed come back online). But im bias =)

Conact me via PM or torontokris@yahoo.com for a price on a fully programmed Toronto York Peel scanner

Last edited:

ButtonPerson

Hi and thanks again to everybody for your replies and suggestions. I dp have a Realistic Pro-51 200 channel Direct Entry Programmable Scanner. It is no longer "portable" as the battery compartment went bad several years ago (I left batteries in too long and they corroded)
I will dig out the programming directions and reprogram the York Regional Police and local fire back into the scanner. I got spoiled with the internet link.
Thanks again

Paul

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Don't rely on feeds. Even if your area were to switch to an unscannable format you will have lots to listen to with your own scanner. As whatever pathalogicals name is (lol) says, you will enjoy the hobby more with a digital scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.