York Region P25 Testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I agree this is a good plan.. might raise some eyebrows.. if we can get media and tow trucks to do this also.

I have also thought if you could coordinate the tow trucks to not respond to a single call for a week that you could force the hand that way as well.

They issue that press release in the public domain, this might lead not only to every media agency calling them every 30 minutes but every tow truck as well as scanner hobbyist and some public,oops!

polkaroo

Missed him again!
I wonder what it's like for Peel, Halton and Hamilton. Although in terms of tows, they still have fire and EMS for now. But stuff like the fatal shooting by a cop at a traffic stop in Brampton... Peel said nothing in twitter until the scene was cleared. And even then they referred to it as an "incident."

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
Vaughan Fire will not be encrypted.
Straight from the chief in a meeting today.

Hope to have some good news soon with regards to the other York fire departments.

jonesyxvii

Premium Subscriber
YRP can still be heard on the old system this morning, though they are definitely using new radios. They sound different and there are squelch tones from time to time. I'm guessing they're simulcasting, but who knows for how long.

RainbowSix

Premium Subscriber
This morning YRP dispatchers for all districts were requesting officers to conduct in car radio checks. To confirm radio id's and all is working before they do the switch over.

The simulcasting has been in place for a few weeks now.

When will the full switch over take place for YRP, only time will tell.
Considering it was suppose to be today.

Aurora

Fire Testing this morning

Lots of radio traffic testing fire radios this morning.

Similar to Durham Nextgen the dispatch consoles are coming through unencrypted but all units in the field are encrypted.

jonesyxvii

Premium Subscriber
I notice most of the fire talk groups except two have been marked as E in the db, but I've heard talk groups 17501, 17511 and 17541 in the clear on my 996XT. That was two days ago. I haven't listened to the system since so I don't know if there are more or if that was just a one-off.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Keep in mind that the big E in the database only signifies that encryption had been seen on the group. It didn't necessarily signify that the group is 100% encrypted.

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone confirm if these fire tg's are Phase 1 or 2?

My understanding is A2 B2 and C2 will not be encrypted.

Vaughan Fire will be encrypted to start but then I'm told they'll be removing it. This is to not delay the switchover.

There are some very interesting conversations going on behind the scenes about this. Plenty of politics between YRP and fire.

mciupa

Can anyone confirm if these fire tg's are Phase 1 or 2?

My understanding is A2 B2 and C2 will not be encrypted.

Vaughan Fire will be encrypted to start but then I'm told they'll be removing it. This is to not delay the switchover.

There are some very interesting conversations going on behind the scenes about this. Plenty of politics between YRP and fire.

I'm sitting on the system now and TG 17501 is coming through as P25. (I've changed that talkgroup) If they happen to be P25 Phase II it will show as PT on my BCD 536HP

If someone could run Pro96Com, we could see which flavour the system is as well. Most other TG's are showing as ENC.

mciupa

Tonight, they are doing radio checks with Dispatch in the clear and the response sounding like "rats" (ENC)

SCPD

QRT
I don't know if they will leave anything in the clear or remove any encryption, sometimes they leave dispatch or some parts of the system in the clear in the early stages in case there are any bugs and I've seen that before and then they proceed with full encryption once all is confirmed good. All of the york region fire departments ordered and paid for encrypted radios, why would they not use it?

So far the regional paging channel of 153.6650mhz is still in the clear.

RainbowSix

Premium Subscriber
Talk group 17503 was heard in the clear.
Monitoring from work in Toronto.

My version of pro96com shows a flavour of Phase 1
Hmmmmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.