Yosemite- Database Error????

Status
Not open for further replies.

SloScanMan_01

To admins or anyone who might know the answer- I noticed that there two different listings for Yosemite in the database. One is a statewide page that lists 168.6125 as "Yosemite Tac" and 168.5625 as "Yosemite Air to Ground", in addition to the usual three repeater nets. The other is a Yosemite specific page, and appears to be far more extensive than the listing on the statewide NPS page, but specifically excludes 168.6125 and 168.5625, and instead has 170.000 as air to ground, which I believe is really USFS Air to Ground. Should the two lists be blended? Should the two left out frequencies be added to the Yosemite specific page? Or is there a reason for the difference between the lists that I'm not aware of? Help!!!!!!! Will the real Yosemite please stand up????? I hope one of the admins will reply, or at least someone like ExSmokey, who has working knowledge of how fed systems and/or the RR database work.
Thanks.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I'm not sure why the information is duplicated but it shouldn't be in two different places.

SCPD

QRT
Wayne, the information under the National Park Service page is correct. The separate Yosemite National Park page is not current.

SCPD

QRT
To admins or anyone who might know the answer- I noticed that there two different listings for Yosemite in the database. One is a statewide page that lists 168.6125 as "Yosemite Tac" and 168.5625 as "Yosemite Air to Ground", in addition to the usual three repeater nets. The other is a Yosemite specific page, and appears to be far more extensive than the listing on the statewide NPS page, but specifically excludes 168.6125 and 168.5625, and instead has 170.000 as air to ground, which I believe is really USFS Air to Ground. Should the two lists be blended? Should the two left out frequencies be added to the Yosemite specific page? Or is there a reason for the difference between the lists that I'm not aware of? Help!!!!!!! Will the real Yosemite please stand up????? I hope one of the admins will reply, or at least someone like ExSmokey, who has working knowledge of how fed systems and/or the RR database work.
Thanks.

170.000 is a nationwide (west of the Mississippi) interagency air tactics frequency and is used in California for air to ground. Some National Parks have their own air to ground frequency, but this tends to be the exception and not the rule. Most parks use whatever the assigned interagency air to ground frequency for the area it is located in. The Yosemite "specific" page is out of date.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Wayne, the information under the National Park Service page is correct. The separate Yosemite National Park page is not current.
How much of the data on the separate YNF page is still useful? I'll add it to the NPS page and delete the separate entry.

SCPD

QRT
How much of the data on the separate YNF page is still useful? I'll add it to the NPS page and delete the separate entry.

Bring the Yosemite Concession Services over to the NPS page, or if you think it is more appropriate list it under business for Mariposa County. The three headers above concession services, park operations, fire, and east side operations are all incorrect.

There is a change needed on the NPS page listing for Yosemite, show channel 8 as Yosemite Common Net with a frequency of 168.350.

I'm not sure about the mutual aid frequencies shown, however, the last frequency of 166.125 is incorrect it is a U.S. Forest Service law enforcement frequecny.

Last edited:

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
There is a change needed on the NPS page listing for Yosemite, show channel 8 as Yosemite Common Net with a frequency of 168.350.

Does the 168.6125 "Tactical" frequency also exist at YNP as a different channel number, or is it entirely erroneous and to be replaced with the 168.35 YNP Common/Project Net?

Thanks!

Inigo

SCPD

QRT
Does the 168.6125 "Tactical" frequency also exist at YNP as a different channel number, or is it entirely erroneous and to be replaced with the 168.35 YNP Common/Project Net?

168.6125 is no longer in the channel plan for YNP. Channel 8 is now called "YNP Common Net" and the word "Project" is not used. Why it was changed back to this after 168.6125 had been used for several years is something I don't understand, but this is what my contacts told me.

Retirements may eliminate most, if not all, of my regular contacts (YNP and elsewhere) in the next two years so my knowledge of natural resource frequency use might come to a close. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.