You can find anything on Ebay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5ims

I wonder how well these work?

Just think about it for a second. What powers the LEDs? Your transmit power (you know, the small number of watts a handheld puts out while transmitting). That 4 watts of transmit power being sent out to that very inefficient rubber ducky giving you pretty short range already now is reduced even more powering the "cool" lights. Your friend may now hear your voice better without the HT once you start using one of these.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Looks about as useful as a toilet with a built-in lemonade dispenser.

AC2OY

That's very kewl looking but like most stated but I need my antenna to increase my range or get the most out of my 4.5 watts...LOL

that might be cool on a GMRS walkie talkie..... but I would never put one of those on my amateur radio HTs or commercial HT's ! just because it's prone to fail anytime

and like others have said, It uses your transmit power which severely limits your range

I have found most radio stuff on ebay to be pretty good such as: coax adapters, most HT antennas just keep in mind that most HT antennas are copycats/clones of the real thing, such as OEM Motorola antenna

Good luck

FKimble

As I've told my kids many times "stuff like this is designed with one purpose in mind, to separate me from my money." Its for those who have more money than sense!

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
We know this as: "A fool and his money are soon parted."

The phrase's origin goes back a poem written in 1557 by the poet Thomas Tusser:

"A foole and his money be soone at debate: which after with sorow repents him too late."

mikepdx

You DO know that your bringing this
product to light here at RR will result in more
sales for this "product".

There's one born every minute,
and I have no doubt there are
more than several of those 'ones' here at RR.

SCPD

QRT
The vibrate function is an undocumented feature.

You forgot it's undocumented with the antenna because it's a feature already built into the radio :p

I swear there is a table of Chinese retired diplomats gone into business at a war table saying how can we sucker the American mind even more and empty the bank.

SCPD

QRT
I would never allow one of these to touch my icom bendix king or kenwood. I wpuldnt doubt without the disco ball on top it's already at lowest output capability.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, I HAVE A RADIO! LOOK AT ME!

Aww...if only they made it with an SMA connector. Almost!

elk2370bruce

Just another of junque that goes on sale to the uninitiated. At least these thgings don't look stolen. Sleazebay does not possess the highest regard in their efforts to make a quick buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.