You HAVE GOT to see this guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Hello All!
I ran across this guys set up on the internet.My friend Dave KD1BD put me on to him. All I can say is WOW, what a set up. You dont see many like this I can tell you that. Follow the link to see all the pics. Then, at the bottom is a link that takes you through some of the most detailed antenna tower set ups I have ever seen. His work bench alone is awesome. Take a look for yourselves. I'm posting it in case it may help someone with their set up or give someone ideas for their shack.
Enjoy!

http://www.ne7x.com/New_Shack_2008.htm

Manny

Last edited:

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Two questions quickly came to mind! 1). What does this guy do for a living to be able to afford all this stuff? 2). What is his monthly electric bill? My God! I would be happy with a 1/4 of the stuff he has. Hell, I'd take the work bench.....MAN OH MAN! Is that what radio heaven is like? If so, sign me up when its my turn to go. ;-)

Manny

Taloniilm

When I gaze upon a masterpiece such as the one I've just witnessed, I forgo the thoughts of financial outlay and turn my attention to the dedication and attention to detail that is so very obvious ...
I bow in reverence !

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
The picture on his home page is hilarious in contrast - one radio with a dinky-looking microphone!

I can't believe the entire vintage rack could be powered up at once, at least not without a few service lines to that room. I wonder if that's more of a storage facility, or if a limited number can be turned on at once?

We should get him over here to help explain! :D

K4NNW

If I had that kinda money for all those radios (Ok, so I have an 897 already, but would love to have an FT1000D in front of me ;-) ) I would've at least sunk some money into the antenna systems. At least a log-periodic dipole array or a SteppIR yagi for the higher HF bands, and maybe an off-center-fed dipole for 160 and 80 with the apex at the tower.
However, that said, I must credit him for doing a professional job with installing everything in there.
It's still a pity that he doesn't have about 40 acres for antenna real estate. Then he'd be cookin' with gas.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
What an awesome install! My god the amount of money there is unreal and the concrete alone is an easy $1000.00, not to mention the equipment to pump it in the hole.
Take care

radionerd13669

Useless Contributor
HERE IS WHAT HE DOES TO AFFORD THIS---

Tom has worked as a UNIX/network engineer for the past 25 years at Intel Corp in Chandler Arizona and is now currently working for IBM in Phoenix Arizona

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
I'm speechless...

If he ever sells that house (which if I owned it, my estate executor would be the one selling it), he needs to sell it to someone who would appreciate the setup.

So clean... so organized...

I wish he was my neighbor.

RodStrong

I bet the lights around his neighborhood go dim when he fires all that stuff up.

A night shot of the room with everything turned on would be kick ass I bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.