"You have selected 0 channels & 10 talkgroups to import. What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K3RBP

Premium Subscriber
"You have selected 0 channels & 10 talkgroups to import. What am I doing wrong?

I have spent several days trying to import talkgroups/channels into Win96 (trial), for the Pro96 scanner that I just bought. This is all new to me, as I haven't bought a scanner since my AOR AR900, which I still have. have read the forums and stickys, but can find what I am doing wrong.

To import, I select: Delaware; Sussex County; Stare of Del Public Safety; then I click + on "Talkgroup 29"; Dept of Natural Resources; then check the box for anything 'Sussex DNR or DNREC', plus a couple of state parks.

When I click "Import this system" to bank 9, name it, and leave "target channel", first target talkgroup subbank & first target talkgroup all to their default value of "0", and click OK, I see the message "you have selected 0 channels and 10 talkgroups.

When I load this into the Pro96, I can see the frequencies, but can never hear any activity. I live on the water, and see the DNR marine patrol talking on the radio. What could I be doing wrong?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Based on what you describe, you have not imported any frequencies at all, just talk groups; hence, the radio has nothing to scan. Hit the "+" next to the "Sites" and select the closest site to you. That will import the actual frequencies. Don't forget to import the TG's you want as you were doing earlier.

K3RBP

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Lou. It seems I was only checking the talkgroups that I wanted, but no primary or alternate (Site). It now works, importing both (2) channels and (10) talkGroups. My first time using the software, and I overlooked an crucial step.

Status
Not open for further replies.