You have shown us your installs now show us you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

emt8105

My Work Home

Myself at Work not much of a shack at home since I moved.

Attachments

• 100_0175.jpg
    100_0175.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,465

K4APR

Working Dayton 2010:

Jason%2520Dayton.jpg

Darth_vader

Okay, normally I strictly forbid my likeness to be distributed gratis in any form anywhere on the Internet, including the WWW. (That's right, not even caricatures are allowed.) But I am willing to make certain exceptions in some cases.

(They're Justins, by the way.)

Attachments

• dv.jpg
    dv.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 1,382
Last edited:

jeepinjeepin

Premium Subscriber
Some days....ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377195020.002632.jpg

(And I haven't shown an install yet. I operate on an, unknown frequency to me, 800 mhz radio during the day at work and am dabbling with a CB at home and in my person vehicle and those are just cobbled together piles of junk right now.)

Last edited:

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
Some days....View attachment 42675

(And I haven't shown an install yet. I operate on an, unknown frequency to me, 800 mhz radio during the day at work and am dabbling with a CB at home and in my person vehicle and those are just cobbled together piles of junk right now.)

Beware of the mike eater! LOL, sorry couldent resist myself

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Ok, here is one of me in my office before I retired. I have a Bendix-King radio on my belt out of view. Does this picture qualify as one where I'm operating a mobile? The King is capable of operating on 2 meters!

View attachment 42848

OPTIONAL READING - The material that follows is written by a retired person and somewhat war storyish.

The Gore Tex parka, minus liner, is lashed to the top of my pack behind my head. This was a warm day in mid May at a 9,300 foot pass. This was the first day of a three or four day patrol. The pack is real small and only contains first aid, sleeping bag, emergency overnight and avalanche evaluation/rescue gear. Our food, sleeping gear (sheets, blankets), stove, lights and all the other creatures of comfort are at a ranger station cabin that we put our food, sleeping bag, towels and reading material in the fall prior to me shutting the road down when the first good snow storm arrived. Yes, we had beds, electric lights, a wood stove, a cord of wood, everything but a bathroom and running water since the water system had to be shut down during winter. We would then ski out from this cabin each day. There were multi-night camping patrols too, but most of them were on the route I'm on here. The greatest amount of "backcountry" winter use we had was in the area of this patrol. I say "backcountry" in quotes because if you can drive to it in the summer and have a cabin with electricity you are not really in the backcountry even though the plowing ended nine miles from the cabin. The picture is taken in a large and famous roadless area called the Ansel Adams Wilderness, but the route only crossed it for three miles.

We increased the area covered on this trip by skiing up from the end of the plowing on one road and looping over to the plowing on another road. The latest we ever opened the road while I was in charge of it was July 7th. The latest on record was July 15th (1983) and the earliest was May 25th (1990). The Sierra Nevada accumulates a lot of snow, most of which is usually wetter than snow in areas to its east. I've witnessed the growing season at some high elevation meadows to be less than 10 days in heavy, late snowfall years such as the record Sierra year of 1983. People that live in the higher elevations of the Sierra and Rockies, as well as those at northerly latitudes, say they only have three seasons: cleaning up from winter, getting ready for winter and winter! Another expression is that we have nine months of winter and three months of poor sledding! At least that is what we used to say, winters are getting shorter.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
View attachment 42573

Always loved climbing things LOL

Isn't that one of those new Diamond HF Stealth antennas? From what I've heard as long as your homeowner's association allows you to import/transplant trees onto your property you can get away with having a full HF Yagi next to your house. The lower branches are longer and, of course, allow you to work 160 meters. The upper branches (which you are in the process of climbing to) allow you to work up to 2.45 gigs. The roots are really ground radials. The antenna updates itself annually and leaves a record in the mast of the original manufacturing year and the years since. It gets taller each year and eventually you have a DX wonder in your yard.

I've heard great things about this antenna, let us know what your experience has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.