• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

You Have To See This Customized CB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

Some people love to really trick out their CB's with custom knobs,faceplates, and cases, but this one takes the cake. More like Hello Kitty on acid. Not meaning to offend anyone, but how darn pimped out can anyone get with a CB base. I see some really weird repurposing on places like Etsy that's done with electronics for home decor, some of it is sickening the way they ruin items in the name of artistic creations. Sounds like one of those folks got hold of this radio. They're so proud of themselves, they've even posted a video on youtube that's accessible from the link.

Sears Roadtalker 40 Channel CB Base Station Radio with Clock Date Light Show | eBay

That is the worst piece of **** (crap) I have ever seen. If he is a member here on RR, he needs to be banned IMMEDIATELY. He also needs to check into a home or rather return to the one he escaped from.

Fast1eddie

Gentlemen, last time I checked this is the United States of America and I personally think it is pretty neat. Would I buy it?? Not no but HELL no. However, it gave me some ideas on repackaging older 2 meter HT's which would terribly upset the ham granddaddies who cry about anything and everything.

Good Signals,

ed

Dawn

Maybe this would be the conceptual result if Fisher Price made a "My First CB" for little, 8 year old girls as the Princess Edition.

If you read the creator's bio on the unit, he's going out of his way with carbon fiber decals on the slide controls to appeal to men. I'm not so sure what kind of men he has in mind that this would appeal to.

N8IAA

Obviously, not even princess operators didn't want it:lol: The auction ended. Some people have waaaay too much time on their hands.
Holy CB's Batman
Larry

JustLou

Obviously, not even princess operators didn't want it:lol: The auction ended. Some people have waaaay too much time on their hands.
Holy CB's Batman
Larry

He's not giving up. Relisted for the same opening bid price.

SCPD

QRT
Looks like the perfect radio for the sidewalk sissy with all the bells and whistles and glitter.Perfect for the one who has a little sugar in their tank...lol

MeddleMan

the only thing I like is...

...the glow of the clock. I had a meter lamp on my snake 29er replaced with a green LED and it gives a nice, different glow. I think some accents are an okay option. I've seen some elaborate color changing Stryker radios I'm not too impressed with.

Last edited:

JustLou

It continues to be relisted. I just watched the video and it's even worse than what's shown in the pictures.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Dawn

I think it's been relisted about 3 times already. I suppose his future in repurposing CB radios as objects'de art have come to a dead end based on popular interest to the hobby. You'd think that after the second relist, he'd drop the price a bit or set a minimum opening or reserve to feel the market. He's also listing in the wrong place and wrong venue for a repurposed tech item. This should be listed on Etsy, not in E-bay in Electronics if some interior decorator or property master for props was to be exposed to it. I'm not knocking the guy here. I wouldn't cover a snap-on tool box or roll away with swarowski crystals and pink and gold accents and expect a mechanic to be interested in it. Insane as it sounds to most of us here, there are niche markets for these things that actually do very well providing you match the right buyer with the seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.