• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

You know, I just thought of something.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedogan

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Two antennas met on a rooftop--, The wedding was O.K., but the reception was great!

I'm going to use this! Now see, THIS is my kind of joke. THIS is the stuff I like to "torment", as I say, people on the air with. (Well, among other things -like taping Barney's or Sesame Street's intro. song and keying it up, or let's see, what else....)

KB2RSK

Hey Let's set up a QSO on HF in regards to this subject.
Sounds like a good subject to rag chew about
Let me know what FREQ ( General Class ) and Ill meet you
73's
KB2RSK

K3HY

Premium Subscriber
Hey Let's set up a QSO on HF in regards to this subject.
Sounds like a good subject to rag chew about
Let me know what FREQ ( General Class ) and Ill meet you
73's
KB2RSK

You can tell by some of the comments, that it's about trying to bait hams into an argument.
Maybe someone failed the test and has a few anger issues.

stevedogan

Banned
far from my intention. It's not about testing or baiting, but about what follows
As noted before somewhere, I don't do amateur anymore except for maybe occasional storm stuff. With the attitudes and behaviors of some guys in my area, I hate to say, but I don't feel at ease on 2 meter anymore. (They probably don't even recognize me anymore). Now, if there was a way to get even with the idiots who started a bunch of shhhhhhugar about me out there, and fix it all, that might be different.
147.330 Calumet County is the only one I even key up anymore -when I can get into it because of terrain issues. I have 146.760 (somewhere out by lake Winnebago, Wis., 146.835 (I can't even remember what that one is), 147.120, 145.190,145.150, 147.240, 147.270, 147.090, 146.655 (that's the ARES for Outagamie County right "next door" that used to be my favorite repeater, but because of Alan R. Van Dynhoven, KB9BYQ/K9ALN and his shhhhhugar -among other lies- I haven't even keyed tha tone up or checked into their Sun. night net for years), 147.075, and 147.360 all programmed in my HTX-202 I need to find a way to fix all this that Alan and a few others started about me first.

Last edited:

K3HY

Premium Subscriber
far from my intention. It's not about testing or baiting, but about what follows
As noted before somewhere, I don't do amateur anymore except for maybe occasional storm stuff. With the attitudes and behaviors of some guys in my area, I hate to say, but I don't feel at ease on 2 meter anymore. (They probably don't even recognize me anymore). Now, if there was a way to get even with the idiots who started a bunch of shhhhhhugar about me out there, and fix it all, that might be different.
147.330 Calumet County is the only one I even key up anymore -when I can get into it because of terrain issues. I have 146.760 (somewhere out by lake Winnebago, Wis., 146.835 (I can't even remember what that one is), 147.120, 145.190,145.150, 147.240, 147.270, 147.090, 146.655 (that's the ARES for Outagamie County right "next door" that used to be my favorite repeater, but because of Alan R. Van Dynhoven, KB9BYQ/K9ALN and his shhhhhugar -among other lies- I haven't even keyed tha tone up or checked into their Sun. night net for years), 147.075, and 147.360 all programmed in my HTX-202 I need to find a way to fix all this that Alan and a few others started about me first.

Gee, maybe you forgot about what you posted in April 2010.
This link should refresh your memory.

http://forums.radioreference.com/amateur-radio-general-discussion/210421-lost-personnel.html

Your post was:

Does anyone know what happened to KB9BYQ (KB9ALS)? I haven't heard him on the 2 meter band for a long time. I used to talk to him all the time.

The responses were:

I am his sister, just happened to be looking his name up on Google this evening. Saw your request to find him. Alan passed away August 10, 3-1/2 yrs ago due to a heart attack. Unexpectedly. He was working (delivery in the morning) felt chest pain, called his boss, said he was bringing the truck back in, and going to the ER. He made it back to the shop, punched out and went down. They found him there. :( They were not able to revive him. He was 46.

So all along you are cowardly bad mouthing someone's name who you knew back in April 2010 passed away a few years before that.

Did your medication run out or something?

Last edited:

stevedogan

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9WG
Might try looking him up under K9ALS
ULS License - Vanity License - K9ALS - VAN DYNHOVEN, ALAN R
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9alssister
I am his sister, just happened to be looking his name up on Google this evening. Saw your request to find him. Alan passed away August 10, 3-1/2 yrs ago due to a heart attack. Unexpectedly. He was working (delivery in the morning) felt chest pain, called his boss, said he was bringing the truck back in, and going to the ER. He made it back to the shop, punched out and went down. They found him there. They were not able to revive him. He was 46.
So all along you are presently bad mouthing someone who you knew passed away back in April 2010.

Yeah well, when someone calls and leaves harassing messages on my answering machine several times, spits my unlisted phone # out all over the radio, what would amount to stalking me -driving past my residence at night several times and then mentioning details about it on the radio, accuses me of "interfering with emergency traffic communications" (I'm a licensed first responder among other public safety things that I help with so that's definitely NOT in my realm to do such a thing!), and several other exaggerated things and then goes and does several hundred dollars in damages to my vehicle 1 night (It took me months of investigating and self-undercover work to find out who did it.) Yeah, dang right I'm going to tell people what I think! I know there were several others involved too who I have all identified as well, but Al is the one who did the most in this thing. He was also 1 of the handful in this area that thinks I shouldn't have an amateur license just because I don't know as much about electronics as they do.
(Hey, I'm sorry, but someone who goes to that length, just because they don't like what I'm saying/doing on the CB asks for it in return.)

Last edited:

RadioDaze

Yeah well, when someone calls and leaves harassing messages on my answering machine several times, spits my unlisted phone # out all over the radio, what would amount to stalking me -driving past my residence at night several times and then mentioning details about it on the radio, accuses me of "interfering with emergency traffic communications" (I'm a licensed first responder among other public safety things that I help with so that's definitely NOT in my realm to do such a thing!), and several other exaggerated things and then goes and does several hundred dollars in damages to my vehicle 1 night (It took me months of investigating and self-undercover work to find out who did it.) Yeah, dang right I'm going to tell people what I think! I know there were several others involved too who I have all identified as well, but Al is the one who did the most in this thing. He was also 1 of the handful in this area that thinks I shouldn't have an amateur license just because I don't know as much about electronics as they do.
(Hey, I'm sorry, but someone who goes to that length, just because they don't like what I'm saying/doing on the CB asks for it in return.)

Amazing the lengths some people will go to harass folks without any provocation at all, huh?

"Now, if there was a way to get even with the idiots who started a bunch of sh..."
Well, at least there's one less to get even with. Gotta take some satisfaction in that, eh?

stevedogan

Banned
Amazing the lengths some people will go to harass folks without any provocation at all, huh?

"Now, if there was a way to get even with the idiots who started a bunch of sh..."
Well, at least there's one less to get even with. Gotta take some satisfaction in that, eh?

Hey now, even in a case like this, I'm not cheering for anyone to lose their life.

reedeb

I'm going to use this! Now see, THIS is my kind of joke. THIS is the stuff I like to "torment", as I say, people on the air with. (Well, among other things -like taping Barney's or Sesame Street's intro. song and keying it up, or let's see, what else....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9WG
Might try looking him up under K9ALS
ULS License - Vanity License - K9ALS - VAN DYNHOVEN, ALAN R
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9alssister
I am his sister, just happened to be looking his name up on Google this evening. Saw your request to find him. Alan passed away August 10, 3-1/2 yrs ago due to a heart attack. Unexpectedly. He was working (delivery in the morning) felt chest pain, called his boss, said he was bringing the truck back in, and going to the ER. He made it back to the shop, punched out and went down. They found him there. They were not able to revive him. He was 46.
So all along you are presently bad mouthing someone who you knew passed away back in April 2010.

Sounds to me you can't leave the CB life away from the Ham world as well as you can't seem to get the CB mentality out of your head while talking to folks on ham. THAT all points to being YOUR problem HOW many repaters have you been banned from? that you seem to have so many complaints about repeaters? You already admit to loving to torment folks on radios [CB as well as Ham] After reading somany posts I find you a childish, little boy who in his own mind considers himself the one and only person in the world whon feels HE can do as he pleases and everyone must bow to his "greatness" ALL your posts prove this and not ONCE have you posted anything of any help to anyone except in trying to stir up eveyone because long ago CB and Ham have dumped your sorry butt for being the imature small minded person you will always be. GOOD BYE TROLL!! BE GONE!!!

gewecke

Banned
I think we should hear their side of the coin.......
From reading your posts, I tend to think they know you pretty well.
It's also interesting that I don't see a call sign for you either, hmmmm?

n9zas

K3HY

Premium Subscriber

stevedogan

Banned
Notice how it's pretty much all the amateurs whining at me. Seems to prove something as far as what I've been saying that some amateurs have the big head "I'm better and going to show you 'cause *I* have a license", doesn't it?

reedeb

Notice how it's pretty much all the amateurs whining at me. Seems to prove something as far as what I've been saying that some amateurs have the big head "I'm better and going to show you 'cause *I* have a license", doesn't it?

I haven't noticed amateurs "whining" at you. Most are better then you anyways with or without a license. They seem to be more mature then you and the posts reflect it. You seem to want to act like the spoilt little brat who's mamma and daddy didn't blister your butt enough when you were very little. Seems to me you feel we should all embrace your self importance and since we know how none important you are you get upset because we don't. I've had to deal with children like you for a while and I really don't care anymore. Since you're a faceless entity out here you can claim to be anyone or anything you desire then sit back and in your own little mind, glow with self satisfaction. It appears you need it.

K3HY

Premium Subscriber
Imagine what those hams must have thought, when that Erkel voiced, pimply faced, snot nosed punk started arguing with them on their repeaters.

stevedogan

Banned
Oh come on. Is that the best you can do? *shakes head rolls eyes*
Sorry, but you're not going to get me. I dealt with bullies for years. I'm still waiting for 1 of you with the fancy callsigns to prove what you're saying about the lies from Alan R. Van dynhoven and a few others about interfering with emergency traffic, being shooed off repeaters even though I stated here that I haven't been on them lately because of people with the kind of attitude you're presently showing: name calling, attempted put downs, acting like you're better 'cause you know more about elecxtronics, etc. As I stated, it's people like you, Al, and a few others that take the enjoyment out of radio. (I'm trying not to sound like I'm chewing you out, but yet being direct and blunt...apparently that's all some people understand -I've met a ton of them.) I don't know why you can't find my callsign...I just found it on qrz.com yesterday.
....And people call *me* a troll. Uhhhhh, again trying not to sound rude here, but frankly, with your name calling, etc. you seem like you're acting more like one than I am here.

JoeyC

Doesn't take a ham callsign to note that you are a troll looking to stir up stuff. Everything I've read about your CB endeavors reeks of a 14 year old looking for attention. I've no doubt you are trying to rile people up with your "humor". Doesn't work for the most of us.

K3HY

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't take a ham callsign to note that you are a troll looking to stir up stuff. Everything I've read about your CB endeavors reeks of a 14 year old looking for attention. I've no doubt you are trying to rile people up with your "humor". Doesn't work for the most of us.

He's got about a half dozen topics started and basically about trolling for hams to argue with.
Eventually the moderators will get tired of moving his topics to the tavern area.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
He's got about a half dozen topics started and basically about trolling for hams to argue with.
Eventually the moderators will get tired of moving his topics to the tavern area.

Anyone want to start a pool on how long it takes for him to get banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.