You know you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Hummpff.....

Is it ok if I take the other side ?

I don't care if it is, I'll go there anyway :)

I have a dear friend who is a public school teacher. She basically gets paid S*** and has a disabled daughter that requires all her extra income to take care of.
Ok, no sob story- she is one remarkably able single mom with a beautiful girl-- and they are doing just fine-- tho there is no money for winter vacations to Aspen.

..................Get to point Lauri

Anyway, this young lady, to make ends meet will use her leave time and summer vacations to "Flag" for the highway department.
She is the one of those (at least here in the West) with that Stop-Go sign and an HT- traffic controlling as rocks are dynamited off cliffs over hangings etc. She has told me (over cold beers) -that dealing with (in her words) - "that Fricken radio all day " (Fricken wasn't quite the word she used, but it doesn't matter) -- "that radio" and balancing her sign for 8 hours a day is exhausting at best.

My guess is since she has to wear a safety vest anyway she might like this one. I'll pass it on and maybe her contractor- boss will buy her one.

Sorry, Did I ruin a good rant... ? :)

Lauri

View attachment 142897

Well she is a hero. I have encountered them on winding two way roads in the Rockies. The last time they had a "token" for the last driver in the bunch to hand off to the other end. It was a paper towel roll.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I find the First Responder Orange color attracts too much unwanted attention and prefer one of these so as not to draw too much attention to myself!

rkamncgmgbc1ncbh2sri.jpg
Yeah, well I am a bit of a "Gray Man" so that absolutely would not do. Also I shave my face, whether I like it or not. So nope.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
There is a certain subset of humanity who wear yellow reflective vests, carry multiple radios and wave traffic. These are the unpaid heroes of the "if all else fails-call the ARRL" crowd.
I never saw ARRL people doing that. It's all performed by paid County workers. Michigan would not allow and ham radio guy to be in the road for anything.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I saw a "furry" at the mall this week. What is the world coming to?
I had to get a younger co-worker explain it to me many years ago. Never had any clue, but she explained it to me. As weird as it is, there's weirder facets of it hidden down below the public facing side of it. Some people have some pretty odd hobbies is all I gotta say.

Absolutely not my cup of tea. Or coffee. Or beer.

spanky15805

Going down a rabbit hole... the reflective tape isn't even wide enough to walk down the sidewalk. There are laws

kg7jqh

sigh...:(
The lack of $240 to purchase such a luxury of a vest has prevented me from attending a single hamfest in my 9 licensed years.

Anyone think I'd be allowed to attend one with one of these instead?
OMG.jpg

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Anyone think I'd be allowed to attend one with one of these instead?

Only if you wear full turnout gear.

Bunker coat MUST have the following on it:
- Call sign, front and back
- EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS in big letters across the back.

Also:
- At least one "When All Else Fails" sticker on your car.

Don't forget the speaker mic.

Status
Not open for further replies.