Youngstown Police Department digital switchover info

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicholasserra

Anyone have any details on YPD's switchover to digital? Someone at Mahoning county told me the switch was going to happen soon and that they weren't going to encrypt except for special circumstances. Wondering if anyone else has any info on frequencies or date of switch. Thanks!

Schmetzy13

I haven't heard any new information, but I have picked up a new TGID, 22500 or 23500 I believe. There was discussion of the "Huntington Building" which I believe would be downtown. I really hope the limited encryption is true.

Schmetzy13

FD is in the clear. I guess YPD is trying to figure out a way to allow for "basic calls to be heard by the media" so hopefully there will be some calls transmitted.

yfdgricker

Feed Provider
Out of curiosity, has the Austintown Boardman system added any additional frequencies to cover the increase in traffic on their system? They only have 7 listed frequencies and one control channel. Seems like the potential is there to overload the system if a storm or other big incident hits.

Nasby

FD is in the clear. I guess YPD is trying to figure out a way to allow for "basic calls to be heard by the media" so hopefully there will be some calls transmitted.

I had read that a member of the local media was raising a stink about YPD going encrypted.

Given their past reputations of corruption and deceipt, all police agencies in the Valley should be transparent and open to the public

vincenzo1028

YFD

In reference to YFD there call out is running off of 154.3700 and the trucks are running off of 39170 digital and I put in 39171 digital for YFD channel 2 and I did pick it up but didn't hear traffic so I'm guessing that's their 2nd channel usually they only run 1 number up and I'm still trying to figure out YPD

Status
Not open for further replies.