Your Input Wanted: Setting Up Live Feed for Race Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC9NEG

Hello everyone... I want to do a special race weekend setup of my live feed for the Indy 500 weekend. I'm within range (a couple blocks SW of turn one) of the track to do the drivers/crews, so that's obvious for during the race, but what other things should I program?

Time's short--fire away! (Yeah, I should have asked sooner)

Todd/Indy
KC9NEG

delallen

Drivers and crews for sure.
Yellow Shirts?
I wonder if FRS would be worth anything.

Then I think it depends on where you are listening from after that.

I can get Safe-T and Meca, but other people that are farther away would be interested in those 2 sites.

That is a great service that you can provide!
I'll have you up on the ole computer with 2 other scanners running... (my wife thinks I've lost it)

Thank You!

Viper43

What Todd, your not going to the race? bIf you watch it on TV you may see me....probably around Sarah's pit's for part of the race.

V

K9GTJ

I did it last year off and on from the media center and it was a huge hassle but many people loved it. Please consider doing it.

ind224

race musts IMO

118.675 is the usual flyover control freq 123.050 for copters banner tows vary year to year

155.160 should they need to lift to Methodist

Does not look like we will need SkyWarn this year. :)
Hope all have a safe and RF filled weekend.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Who's doing the flyover for the national anthem this year?

F22s ?

KD4YGG

Database Admin
The MECA System Tac Channels will be busy.

What about the SAFE-T S.O.W. (site on wheels) - is this one active?

The MECA P25 system will likley be played with.

N9WP

I think if you provided all the track activites and cars that would be awsome.

My feed is now streaming NW Metro PD, Speedway PD/Fire, the MECA Tac Channels, along with the ISP out of the Indy post on SAFET. My feed usually only covers Boone County, Hendricks County, Clinton county and ISP but for race day I will turn off Hendricks County and Clinton County. I'm to far from the track to get the drivers. Link is in my signiture for anyone interested and I do have a video feed too. So if you don't provide MECA and the ISP, just the drivers, people can listen to both feeds on their computers....Sounds like a blast and just like Delallen said, we'll drive the wife nuts!!

ind224

flyover just now

they just flew over the circle 139.750 going back to Ft Wayne.. they were about a minute late....

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
tbhausen said:
I am programming the drivers now. If the rains stop and practice resumes they should be on the feed by then.
Is there a reliable list posted somewhere?

Viper43

for the teams just go to the IRL site, they are listed with the cars and drivers

bessiedawg

N9WP: Will you be switching off your regular talkgroups on Saturday, the night before the race? Usually some very interesting traffic, especailly if the weather is good !

Viper43

ISP has used different OPS TG's, today it was OPS 2, IMPD is using a different one each day. The ISP dispatch at the track has been through the van and the control tower. Also they do use "talk around" as well. For some fun listen to CZ ERT before and after the race. They will be on those for a couple hours following the race....and always a good laugh or two as they talk about the drunks.

One driver not listed is Sarah Fisher 463.4625 no tone used

KC9NEG

Viper43 said:
What Todd, your not going to the race? bIf you watch it on TV you may see me....probably around Sarah's pit's for part of the race.

V

I will be there... I just hope some garbage channel doesn't lock up the online scanner. Carb day being cut short meant I didn't get to test the drivers scan list.

Todd/Indy
KC9NEG

delallen

I think he is at the race.

Yes, it is up and running.

Suggestion for next year...

Just leave the drivers up and running and drop the police traffic.

At this point it is lap 67 and this is the best I time I've ever had listening to the race.

Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.