Your Opion - Please Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0QNB

Well for any one that has worked with any type of engineer, or architect for that matter, knows they aren't necessarily "user friendly", book smart yes, otherwise not so much.
We had an EE design an electrical system for one of our customers, he specified some really weird stuff, and talk about overkill. None of the contractors would bid the job, one reason was "you can't get that stuff around here in the time allotted", A week or so later the EE talked to a local contractor and asked him to do the job with more or less readily available stuff, the job was done under the time allotted and at about half the cost, go figure.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"And by the way, i am an electrical engineer, specialized in DC control components next time you go to disney world or disney land, think of me."

That explains a lot; I stand on my position that you have a lot to learn about RF. A BSEE does not qualify (DC is not AC and neither are RF) but a GROL or SBE cert does. If you consider that a slam, well so be it. I consider it a suggestion that you learn radio engineering and design if you want to understand what you're experimenting with, otherwise you're just tinkering as Edison did and fumbled the ball while Lee De Forest picked it up and ran with it.

Another suggestion; like the man said drawing a schematic, scanning it and posting it as an image attachment would be most helpful.

I could say something about Dizzy World but that WOULD be a slam. (;->)

JnglMassiv

That explains a lot; I stand on my position that you have a lot to learn about RF. A BSEE does not qualify (DC is not AC and neither are RF) but a GROL or SBE cert does.
Any EE grad from an accredited school will have had varying levels of exposure to transmission line theory but if characteristic impedance and DC resistance is getting confused, I'd want that diploma re-evaluated.

smokeybehr

If the OP isn't going to post a schematic of what he's doing, then I call total BS on his EE. Sounds like a whole lot of snake oil is in that circuit, and not much else.

jon_k

If the OP isn't going to post a schematic of what he's doing, then I call total BS on his EE. Sounds like a whole lot of snake oil is in that circuit, and not much else.

Not many people are aware of the application and uses of snake oil in a circuit. Even less with RF circuit design.

Circuit diagrams employing use of snake oil are RARELY publicized mainly to keep job security for those who utilize snake oil.

However, I have taken the risk to display such a circuit diagram to all of you. I ask that you do not share this picture and lets not let it go beyond this forum. Thanks.

Attachments

• snake oil.jpg
    snake oil.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 67

digitalanalog

As I was not going to comment anymore on this thread I felt that I wanted to point out a couple of things
and comment on the responding comments to my original post.

The topic of this reply is not so much about what was originally
posted about but instead it's about the way this was ATTACKED by the other users or this forum.

First off, to SAR2401 ->
Sweet Mother of Jesus! An EE that can't explain in simple terms
what he's doing, why he's doing it, can’t spell, can't use proper punctuation, and has never heard
of capital letters. On top of that, he works on DC control components at Disneyworld AND Disneyland?
How many things in either of those two parks run on DC? I sure hope he's lying because I'd hate to
think of someone like him actually designing anything my safety depended on.

It seems everyone understood what I was talking about, if proper English and punctuation is all you’re concerned
with, maybe you should check into a spelling forum where everyone is using proper English, spelling and punctuation.

As well....-> how many things in either of those two parks run on DC?
You have no idea do you, you just THINK you do, been building for Disney for 20 years now, so Don't EVEN
Think you know what your talking about in that statement.

And yes, you better hope I know what I am doing or there would be allot of problems and injuries at DL/DW.

How's my spelling and punctuation..................

ZZ0468 ->
An EE? I never would have guessed. I've seen some pretty stupid posts here on RR, but I think this one takes the prize.

There's some pretty sharp people on this board, including several who posted in this very thread. Your "test" makes sense to no one.
I'm inclined to think this was nothing more than a trolling expedition. Did you catch what you were looking for?

If this is considered a STUPID post to you, I must say....You sure were fast to jump on the band wagon......
Yes there are some pretty smart people on this board; however............They all seem to be stuck on THEORY
and that is the only thing they know..... Just like you.........If it' say's it in a book you rant on it, If it's NOT
in a book, You think it's STUPID.............. You are free to think What ever you want.

And yes...i'm an EE and a DAMN good one, weather YOU and ANY one else believes it, I really don't care.

SAR2401 ->
Thank you. I feel much better now. Maybe he played Goofy one summer while attending the Close Cover Before Striking University of Engineering.

Edit: His profile states he's a "DC Electrical Engineer". Maybe he missed the classes that explained the rest of the electrical spectrum.

Electrical spectrum is a THEORY, and ALL theories have alternative theories, Maybe if you and the rest of the rocket scientist on this board would TRY
and think outside the box and the realm of existing theory, you MAY be able to come up with some new idea's instead of SLAMMING the folks that try different things Just to see what MIGHT happen.

Get off your hi Horse and leave your Text books in the closet and THINK on your own.

Just because It say's so in a Book, does NOT mean it's the only thing that works.

Do you NOT have your own Idea's and Thoughts on what MIGHT work................Apparently NOT, your a BOOK reader and know nothing else
unless someone prints it in a text that you can prove and say......Look it say's this.........., Give me a break, do your self a favor and
THINK FOR YOURSELF.

KC0QNB ->
Well for any one that has worked with any type of engineer, or architect for that matter, knows they aren't necessarily
"user friendly", book smart yes, otherwise not so much. We had an EE design an electrical system for one of our customers, he specified
some really weird stuff, and talk about overkill. None of the contractors would bid the job, one reason was "you can't get that stuff
around here in the time allotted", A week or so later the EE talked to a local contractor and asked him to do the job with more or less
readily available stuff, the job was done under the time allotted and at about half the cost, go figure.

Book smart............... That's a joke............ I build and design electrical controls and components, as well as make my own schematics
I am as Hands on as it get's, Books are NOT what I do.

And your reference has NOTHING to do with this topic, so....... It's to be considered "Off Topic"

kb2vxa ->
"And by the way, I am an electrical engineer, specialized in DC control components next time you go to
Disney world or Disney land, think of me." That explains a lot; I stand on my position that you have a lot to learn
about RF. A BSEE does not qualify (DC is not AC and neither are RF) but a GROL or SBE cert does. If you consider that
a slam, well so be it. I consider it a suggestion that you learn radio engineering and design if you want to understand
what you're experimenting with, otherwise you're just tinkering as Edison did and fumbled the ball while Lee De Forest
picked it up and ran with it.

Another suggestion; like the man said drawing a schematic, scanning it and posting it as an image attachment would be most helpful.

I could say something about Dizzy World but that WOULD be a slam. (;->)

This is possibly the funniest reply of all of them.

As I mentioned before, You people are so STUCK on BOOKS you can't see or think anything else...........Get your head out of the clouds
and out of the books and THINK by yourself, and try new things that have not been tried .

HOW THE HELL DO YOU THINK NEW IDEAS,and THEORIES are found..................By Tossing the already known stuff out and trying stuff
that is NEW, You people Just can't seem to understand that CAN YOU..................KEEP sticking your heads in those Books and the rest of us will
keep trying thing's That all you THEORY BOUND people are afraid to even consider.

HOW to you think a theory was even brought about...................-> Some one tried something and it worked.............
May not have worked the first time or even worked the way they had intended it, but that's what makes a THEORY.............

Keep sticking your heads in those books and NEVER look up and TIME and THEORY will pass you by..

jnglMassiv ->
Any EE grad from an accredited school will have had varying levels of exposure to transmission line theory but if
Characteristic impedance and DC resistance is getting confused, I'd want that diploma re-evaluated.

Oh really............... Re-Evaluated................O.K. Your experience apparently gives you the right to second guess my abilities.
LMFAO........

In closing let me say this to all you that have responded and that have had a wonderful time discrediting my idea.

None of you figured it out and all you could do is make EE comments about my abilities, Yet, Your all a bunch of Rocket Scientist that work for NASA

If you THINK the only thing that works is what has already been done and proven.Your all sad examples of The "I no it because it's written in some book"
Sad..................................

Believe me.........You don't have to worry about me EVER sharing Thoughts and Idea's with you folks ever again, I am apparently Just WAY TO STUPID for all you BOOK THEORY
READYING,NON TRYING,CAN"T BE WRITE BECAUSE I NEVER HERD OF IT BEFORE -> Members.

Have a Good Night, and by all means, DON'T Read anything you MIGHT NOT understand or someone is going to get slammed because of YOUR inabilities to understand any thing that is NOT a written fact/theory.

If spelling is incorrect or not punctuated proper..........Just get over it.......................

Last edited:

SAR923

Yep, your spelling and punctuation are still terrible. Your grammar is really bad also. I think most EE's spent four years in college so they could learn theory. You seem to think theory is a bunch of bunk and that thinking "outside the box" is a way to change fundamental laws of physics. Most people who spent four years in college for anything can write a coherent sentence and EE's should be able to make a simple schematic. You seem to be able to do neither.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
I'm suddenly hit with this image of some poor slob in a greasy wife-beater t-shirt living in squalor surrounded by stacks of old newspapers, 15 years worth of pizza boxes, a tv blasting X-Files reruns, and an overwhelming odor of old cheese coming from somewhere. Oh... and cats. Lots of cats.

Not only is this thread one of the stupidest I've seen here, it is also the most bizarre.

SAR923

zz, somehow, that same picture crossed my mind too. I don't think I snapped on the cats until you mentioned it though. :)

Jon K, I always wondered what those big green capacitor looking things were in my FRS radios. Now I know. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.