"Your package has been delivered"

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostdog19

Don't you just hate the anticipation of knowing that you just received a package at home, but you're at work? In my case, I had ordered a BR330T as I'm returning to the hobby. Last week I dug my old RS Pro 30 out of storage and started playing with it, and determined I needed something better for the Seattle area since it doesn't cover trunking (and MANY other features I'd find useful). So after reading up on scanners, I chose the BR330T. Of course, even when I do get home I won't be able to "play" with it much, as I'm heading out of town. I'll be taking it with me, but I won't have time to figure out how to program it. Here's hoping the preinstalled freqs are going to work for me. I figure it can't be any worse than trying to find something to listen to on my Pro 30.

Waiting, waiting, waiting.....

John

K9GTJ

At my house, UPS come usually between 6 and 7 PM so it is hard to wait knowing it is out for delivery. I usuaully have it sent to work since they usually have us as the first stop after the priorotiy deliveries.

Josh

If you think that's rough, I have a couple nice new Li-Ion Astro Saber batteries that got delivered on Monday morning at 9:30 am at my house, but I am unable to go home and retrieve them until Saturday as I am about 45 minutes away at Band Camp (EMU) and can't go and enjoy them, I know how much I'll enjoy having a light weight 2" tall 1800Mah lithium ion battery on my radio rather than a heavy, tall, nicad. that makes the radio about a foot tall. Good luck with your scanner, since it's 5pm now, I'm sure you'll be home shortly/are home enjoying it right now.

-Josh

lostdog19

5pm for you, 2pm for me on the west coast. But that's ok, I already planned to go home early to get ready to leave town. So I should have it in my hands shortly!

K9GTJ

Josh said:
If you think that's rough, I have a couple nice new Li-Ion Astro Saber batteries that got delivered on Monday morning at 9:30 am at my house, but I am unable to go home and retrieve them until Saturday as I am about 45 minutes away at Band Camp (EMU) and can't go and enjoy them, I know how much I'll enjoy having a light weight 2" tall 1800Mah lithium ion battery on my radio rather than a heavy, tall, nicad. that makes the radio about a foot tall. Good luck with your scanner, since it's 5pm now, I'm sure you'll be home shortly/are home enjoying it right now.

-Josh

This one time when I was at band camp....

Josh

pdfdems286 said:
josh, tell me you didn't do anything with a flute at band camp LOL ! .
First, I apologize for the hijacking of this thread, lol.

But, nothing that involoved the flute, but rather the flute players that I have been cursed with getting involved witih.

BTW, I play Sousaphone.... we just party and drink beer, and I usually hear about any pending breakups via the radio :twisted:

I've displayed pix of my dorm-room setup here on the board in the past.

-Josh

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Last week I was waiting for my 796D to come back from Uniden after they replaced the Vol/Squelch knob that had become stuck together and they sent it through Airborne, with a tracking number for me to see it's whereabouts. Well I watched as it sat for 2 days in there Waco, TX depot, then it finally get to town and was "Out for delivery" and I waited all day, and I waited and I waited (work nights so I was home all day) and finally about 8 PM I checked the tracker and it said "delivered 2 PM" to the local post office 2 blocks away! WTF, so I had to wait another day for the post office to bring it out. That sucked, let me tell you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.