Youth Commission in Abilene? Hearing it but no licence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudsyjkh

I have been hearing jail related comms [mandown testing, headcounts, etc.]
on 154.0875 over the last year or so clear as a bell here in Abilene.
Last night, for the first time ever, I finally heard a callsign. They id'd as kxo795.
I did a quick search of said callsign and found the only licences for kxo795 are for the Texas Youth Commission for facilities in Edinburg and Vernon.
Now being as I'm a couple hundred miles from either of those cities, and the fact that I don't believe TYC has a facility in Abilene or this general area...what gives? Does anyone have a clue who this is and where it is from?
It's an extremely clear repeater and it's quite strong. I can receive it all over the city of Abilene and surrounding areas.
Another odd thing, I only hear the base radio comms over this repeater, not the guards/officers.
Thanks in advance.

twobytwo

It may be one of the state prisons at Abilene- Middleton or Robertson. I dont remember a TYC facility there.

scanaholic

Sudsy, I may be wrong, but I get the impression it "might" be Hendrick Home for Children. Can't swear that's right, but It might be. I hear it too, really loud. But like twobytwo says, it really does sound more like a prison unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.