YouTube video of WS-1080 on LAPD 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
This is my very first video on YouTube. This is the WS-1080 on LAPD P25 here in Los Angeles.
Antenna is RS center loaded portable antenna.
You will here some P25 distortion, which I don't seem to get with 436HP.
Now that I have managed to do one YouTube video, will start doing some comparison videos on different systems. Will be in Phoenix this weekend seeing new grandkid.
Will compare 436HP vs 1080 there.

Link is Whistler 1080 on LAPD P25 - YouTube

Steve AA6IO

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
There was some bad garble in there from time to time. How do other radios perform in the same location on the same system?

When I had my PSR-800, it peformed about the same on my local system, which the 436 is decoding beautifully as if it were a pro radio.

N8IAA

Steve, I noticed that you are using the GRE/RS 800MHz antenna to receive the 480/500MHz frequencies. The 500MHz frequencies seem to be where the distortion is occurring.
Also noticed that you were listening to multiple repeaters in your area. Don't know how far from each repeater you are, but you may want to use a band specific antenna for the LAPD.
Nice first time video though:)
Larry

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Not bad "Steve', appreciate any type of comparing you can do....The 800 does have good clear audio......

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
jcardani
Thanks for advice. i am in Phoenix right now with wife visiting daughter and soon to be grandchild. (due any day now). was listening to RWC and Mesa P25 last night with both 436HP and 1080. really not much difference but 436HP still bit better. Out right now shopping for baby furniture. Will disable the AGC and see what happens tonight. BTW that was my RS center loaded portable antenna. Not the RS-800.
I purposely set up marginal conditions inside house. Will run some YouTube videos next week with different configurations, systems, and my outside antennas.
BTW 2. LAPD is conventional P25.
Steve AA6IO

SCPD

QRT
Thanks for posting this and I hope we can see the Whistler on Phase 2 one day.
What firmware is that you are using to show video?

Status
Not open for further replies.